News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Friends of the Youngstown Theatres

Started by jay, January 24, 2007, 08:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaime Hughes

Thanks for all of your advice! We got a call from Paul Warshauer :-\ And he said that he and his arcitect will be in for our meeting on March 2nd. He said they he is going to get us a room in Stambaugh Auditorium. Location is not concrete right now, but please mark your calenders for March 2nd and 7pm. When we find out for sure, we will keep you all posted!

ALSO![ This Saturday (Feb. 17th!) 2007, between 9am-1pm, Corey & I will be downtown at the Bean Counter with our petition! So if anyone would like to sign it...COME DOWN AT THOSE TIMES. This petition is stating that everyone who signs feels that the State Theatre facade should stay in tact in its current location on 213 West Federal. They want to move it somewhere else and possibly put it in a garden somewhere..(Think of how fragile it is- it could crumble, and vandals in a park...it'll be demolished there.). We would like to keep the City scape beautiful! And leave it there...if you feel the same way come down to the beancounter and sign!!

jay

I have another suggestion for a meeting location.  Try the new Box Car Lounge at the B&O.  It will hold 20-30 people and is a nice place as well.  I believe they serve hot dogs in addition to the drinks.

Jaime Hughes

There is a property meeting on Tuesday Feb. 20, which is reguarding the State theater and the facade staying in tact where it is at. The information I got on it was kind of sketchy, but from what I understand, they would like to move the Facade and put it in a garden to memorialize it. What this petition will try to accomplish is keeping the facade where it is, and we need a few good points to present on WHY it should remain there.

I will be attending the Y.E.A.D.A meeting this Wed. Feb 14 at the Ohio One building with the petition, if you would like to sign!

northside lurker

I'd like to see the facade stay where it is.  If that is what the petition is for, I'd like to sign.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Jaime Hughes

Jay, Thank you so much for the help! Today we are checking into the Chevy Centre, and we are also attending local venues/plays. There is so much going on right now, we are in the middle of starting a petition, on Feb. 20, there is a property meeting reguarding if we move the facade or not. If you all want to sign please let me know.

Janko

"The Youngstown Theater Believers"

or

"Staged Dreams"

or

"The Ushers of Tomorrow"

- ha, the last two are foolish.  I love brainstorming.

ForumManager

More favorable could mean $100 instead of $200.

jay

I didn't notice any reference to the community room on the Chevrolet Centre website.  My friend claims that nonprofits may get a more favorable arrangement for use of the room.

A name for the group
Youngstown Patrons of the Art and Theater
or
Supporters of Art and Theater in Youngstown
or
(list your suggestion now)

In addition to the regular meetings, the group should also attend plays and programs at our theater venues.

Jaime Hughes

Jay that would be great!! Contact us if you get any information.

Did anyone think of a new name for our organization? Im open to suggestions.

jay

I know of one group that used the community room last year.  I'll check with them.  I seem to remember that a deposit was required, and then the deposit was  refunded if the room was still in order and did not need to be cleaned.

ForumManager

jay

If you need a downtown meeting place, consider the community room at the Chevrolet Centre.

Jaime Hughes

Hello All!

Just letting you all know that I updated our website, added some new pictures, changed the events page around etc. Take a look! If you feel that something should be changed please let me know. Also, if you have an event that you feel should be posted, e-mail the event, the date, the time, directions and if it costs anything.

We are planning to have another meeting Friday March, 2 2007, most likely at Cedars and at 7pm. But this is subject to change. But mark your calenders for 03-02-2007! The date is concrete....so try and make it a point to come out and support us!

www.youngstowntheaters.i8.com

Towntalk

The members of this group should take a second and third read of Jaime's comment: "we have decided to change the name and exclude him from what we are doing, due to his legal instabilities as well as financial."

Paul Warshauer has been discussed a number of times at CinemaTreasures web site in connection with theater restorations and 99% of them were negative, and for those who want to see that Paramount restored, I suggest that you take the time to research that web site.

I have a great deal of respect for Friends of Youngstown Theaters for taking this action.

Jaime Hughes

Greetings Everyone! Hope that you are managing alright in this frigid weather!

I appriciate all of your concerns with the website, and as I add some things to the site, I will take all of that into consideration. I've never created a website before and am still learning a thing or two!

We will be having another meeting coming up soon in the near future, but with other meetings occuring downtown and Valentines day, it's hard with the conflicting appointments around it. If you would like to stay updated with everything that we are doing you can send us your e-mail and you will get an update as soon as they come along.

We are also thinking of a new name for our organization since it comes in conflict with Mr. Paul Warshauers original title, "Friends of the Liberty Theater." Due to recent guidance at our last meeting, we have decided to change the name and exclude him from what we were doing, do to his legal instabilities as well as financial.

Here's the link that includes the Friends of Liberty Theater:
http://www.wkbn.com/home/4606141.html

Feel free to contact us anytime, with any concerns or ideas it's what keeps us going.

Friends of Youngstown Theaters
Youngstown, Ohio 44501
P.O Box 6322

YoStateTheater@yahoo.com