News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

First Night Youngstown

Started by Mary, January 01, 2007, 01:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumManager

Although I can understand that some things might not appeal to everyone,  it seemed like there were quite a few things going on for kids. The schedule said that there were children's activities until 9 at both the Children's Museum and Library. The Vindy article this AM also said there were children's activities at DeYor provided by SMARTS.
There was also the Community Drum Circle, a magician, and a Laser Light Show and the Fireworks.

Mary

My family and I attended first night Youngstown for the first time last night. It was enjoyable but there are a few things that should be changed. First there is to much dead space and dead time in between events. Between 10 and 12 we went home because there were not any events we were interested in. Also some of the business that were supposed to be open were closed by 10. My other half has been wanting to try the bean counter for a while so we walked down there after visiting steeltown studios and they were closed. I think they say 18 venues but a few of them I wouldn't really count. Also there really was not that much for my daughter. We were watching the news and they had pictures of Canfield First Night and she saw everything they had for kids and was like "we should have went there!"

I am not downing this event just giving my two cents on what will bring younger families to downtown for these events. I enjoyed it but would not go next year unless they add/change some events.