News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Empty storefronts showing up again downtown

Started by Irishbobcat, February 08, 2016, 03:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

One business partner had health issues while relying on the other to step up to the plate to watch both business sides in which it did not take place. >:(

Nicholas Serra

Avalon closing was a business partner issue. The Avalon owners actually own both of those buildings, so isn't a rent issue.

Irishbobcat

We'd have to be closed on Fridays.....so we wouldn't compete with the local churches........lol

cc4

The best banana soft serve I ever had was sold at the Dairy Queen on Belmont.  I'm not

sure if they still make it though.

I do like the idea of pierogi being sold downtown.  Let's go for fifty varieties with a different one

being the special each week! 

jay

QuoteAlso, how about a downtown Bomba's???????

I know a few food artisans who have the skills to make Bomba's specialty.

Irishbobcat

CC4....wow....both great ideas! A Chinese restaurant in the Avalon with a lunch buffet!!!! I also like the bakery with the banana self serve! Yummy desserts!  The entertainment committee needs to get to work on these ideas!

Also, how about a downtown Bomba's???????

iwasthere

cc4

I'd like to see a good Chinese restaurant open downtown.  My favorite

was the Dragon Palace on South Avenue.  Since it closed, I haven't found

a replacement in the area that matches Cindy's food.  I would also patronize

a bakery downtown.  It would be great to have freshly baked bread and

pastries (sometimes) to enjoy for breakfast or take home. (Maybe they

could sell banana soft serve on the side).

northside lurker

Quote from: Irishbobcat on February 08, 2016, 07:18:30 PM
Could it be downtown rent is becoming too high for businesses to make a go of it?
If rents are too high, businesses will move, and storefronts will become empty.  Since empty storefronts pay no rent, rent will go back down, and new businesses will move in.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Irishbobcat

Could it be downtown rent is becoming too high for businesses to make a go of it?

jay

Maybe something is wrong with the building(s) being the businesses are next to each other.

Irishbobcat

Now that the Avalon Downtown closed it looks like that athletic shoe store right next to it is empty. Is the downtown retail boom over on West Federal?

What businesses could make a go at it downtown in that block?