News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Royal Oaks

Started by Towntalk, October 20, 2015, 01:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

Sounds like The Royal Oaks is the Youngstown equivalent of "Cheers"...only a bit more of a dive bar...

:)

Rick Rowlands

Well you can either have made up TV shows that are completely made on a sound stage, or you can have made up TV shows that at least when its done there is a business that gets a facelift.  I'll go for the latter every time. 

Towntalk

At 9:00 - 10:00 == Rerun of the Royal Oaks
At 10:00 - 11:00 == The Federal

AT CHANNEL 30 - TimeWarner Cable

Peggy Gurney

Tonight is the airing of Bar Rescue transformation of Martini Bros Burger Bar into "The Federal".

HATE that new name.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Stewie, I couldn't agree with you more because the same can be said about all the so-called reality shows on TV. Whether it's Bar Rescue; or Mystery Diners on the Food Channel, or Pawn Stars; American Archeology; or Counting Cars; or Fast "N Furious; or Storage Wars. They're all fake, but it's fun to watch when there's nothing better on the TV.

stewie

The show Bar Rescue essentially follows the same script. Bar owner states they are $100k in debt usually the same amount every week, staffer comes in and over dramatizes issues gets into huge argument with owner, leave angry, comes back the next day to work things out. They do the project it's a big success. He leaves. Go to next bar and repeat. Most of the stuff is staged, and not even shot in the same order that you see it. I wouldn't read to much into what happened on the show. The owners got a pick me up for the bar and it should help them out. For those who choose not to frequent it it's simple...don't... I'm quite sure they will be just fine without you. It's not a family restaurant. People who go there go there for a reason. Food is great and it's a good time.

iwasthere

IF THE BROTHER,  JOHN IS SINCERE IN HIS DESIRE TO KEEP THE BAR AFLOAT WHILE KEEPING UP THE ORGINAL DECOR OF THE 1930'S LOOK, HE HAS TO REIGN IN HIS BROTHER LOUIE OR CUT LOUIE FROM OWNERSHIP. LOUIE IS A LIABILITY AND NOT AN ASSET TO ROYAL OAKES.

Towntalk

I knew the Royal Oaks when the original owners were there and it was really a nice place. The DeMane family were friends of my mother and dad. and when Henry was murdered during an armed robbery, mother played the organ for his funeral.. What it is today is a hole in the wall, and I predict that in a couple of years it will go back to what it was brfore the redo.

iwasthere

ditto towntalk. I was not shocked by the Louie and john nor do I feel sorry for them being in this bind. i kept thinking about their parents rolling in their graves while this trash show was being showed this past sunday. McNally is not new to this bar nor other politicians in the Ma honing valley. :D >:( :o ??? ::) :-X :'(

Towntalk

How many of you clowns  :laugh:  watched Bar Rescue Sunday night? I'm amazed that the Royal Oaks wasn't closed months ago. The inside of that place looked like a garbage dump after a tornado and even the Mayor cringed as he sat in the car at the opening. As I watched the opening segment before the reveal I honestly wanted to vomit.