News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Amphitheater

Started by Towntalk, August 20, 2015, 04:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

Quote from: Towntalk on August 23, 2015, 12:37:59 AM
Mind you, I'm not anti-festivals, but the very heart of the business district on days when businesses are open, I am against.

I agree... and this would be the PERFECT venue for such events... with lots of wide open
space for people to mill about....

:)

Towntalk

Mind you, I'm not anti-festivals, but the very heart of the business district on days when businesses are open, I am against.

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: Towntalk on August 22, 2015, 12:37:21 AM
If everything comes together right, they can move all those stupid festivals off Federal both east and west and put them around the new Amphitheater area.

We can only hope!

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

If everything comes together right, they can move all those stupid festivals off Federal both east and west and put them around the new Amphitheater area.

AllanY2525

Yeah, I did some more reading after I posted... it's the cost of the design work.

The article wasn't written very well....

Towntalk

Allan me lad, here is a more detailed version of the story.  :laugh:

http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/aug/21/design-work-to-begin-for-amphitheater-pa/

AllanY2525

That article says the  cost is estimated at around $145,000 - Im wondering if that
might have been a typo(?)

Sure hope so....otherwise this might turn out to be a cheaply built (quality of)
amphitheater.  My hope was for something very durable with regard to materials,
like conrete or stone.

It's great that it is becoming a reality, though and the land won't be ugly and
barren any more.