News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Street Closing

Started by Towntalk, July 02, 2013, 07:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowner

It had a couple trees or shrubs growing out of the top of it.... Yet people continue to whine about it going down.

jay

The demolition work is taking place between 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.

Towntalk

For those who are weeping and whaling and gnashing their teeth in bitter sorrow over the loss of the magnificent historic downtown landmark, out of the goodness of my heart, I present these images so that you might preserve them in your hearts for all time to come with the sincere hope that they might sate your grief and sorrow.

Towntalk

Back when I was still working downtown it was no secret that street people were holding up in vacant downtown buildings along Federal Street, and in point of fact several fires were the result of street people, and no matter how many times the entry places were boarded up they would be torn down.

Why?Town

I probably should have added this guy  ;) to my reply as I really didn't take your comment as being serious.

Maybe a little on the "wishfull thinking" side, ;) but not serious.

Towntalk

Actually the last comment was a joke and not meant to be taken seriously.

I'm sure that once the demolition is compleated that the area will look a lot more inviting even though it's just a parking lot.

The next job will be for the city to once and for all get the Kress building torn down or will we have to wait another 30 years for that to be done?

As for those who loved the Paramount, there are hundreds of photos of it on the web that they can view with nostalgia.

Why?Town

The North Side is a shorter walk for them.

Towntalk

Hazel Street between Federal and Commerce will be CLOSED for up to 90 days STARTING TOMORROW July 3, 2013 as work on demolishing the Paramount begins.

A wake will be held tonight by the rats and Can Gangers aka street people who have sought shelter there lo these many years, and hopefully they will shuffle off to Boardman in search of a new home.