News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Caution

Started by jay, June 18, 2013, 08:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

QuoteAn employee of a restaurant in the food court had her purse stolen on Monday.

The purse was found in the basement of 20 Federal Place.  The money inside the purse was gone.

iwasthere

i heard rumours abt this incident. jay are you saying its true?

Towntalk

Being serious:

Incidents like these can happen anywhere at any time, and it's up to each and every one of us to take personal responsibility for our possessions, and make no assumptions of the honesty of others.

We do not here know the whole story concerning any of these thefts other than the fact that they happened.

Everywhere I ever worked each employee had a locker and kept our valuables in them, and never allowed them to lay around where someone could steal them.

For those places where lockers are not available, there is always some place that can be kept locked or in a location that can not be accessed by non-employees ... a desk, a lockable room etc.

There is no excuse for anyone to leave valuables unattended for any reason especially purses that have money, credit cards, cell phones, check books, or ID cards in them.

For my part, I trust no one until they prove to me personally that they can be trusted, and I make no exceptions.

jay

Mr. There,

Did you hear about the North Phelps Street businesswoman who had her wallet stolen?  That makes three thefts in recent weeks.

Towntalk

This just goes to prove that the downtown area is not safe at any time of day and should be avoided at all costs. Signs should be posted at every entryway to downtown ... DANGER ... ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK. The  criminal element has taken over the downtown area just as it did the south side.

iwasthere

i say blame it on ytown first nite entertainment committee.

jay

An employee of a restaurant in the food court had her purse stolen on Monday.