News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Save Pig Iron Press

Started by jay, January 08, 2013, 10:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Youngstownshrimp

TT,
My sincere appologies, through your writings I assumed wrong, it is because of your command in all subjects including construction.  ;)

Towntalk

Message from: Miss Towntalk

Message forwarded. Happy to do it.

Have a splendedly great day, my friend.  :)

Youngstownshrimp

Dennis,
Your old block was on my PM so you need to remove it.  I sent my reply to your PM to TT , asking him to kindly forward to you.

Youngstownshrimp

Is anyone here a part of Jim's effort to save the PIP?
If so... private message me, Jim and I were working together for awhile.

iwasthere

Quote from: Towntalk on January 08, 2013, 10:57:44 PM
Yes, what's the deal, as I understand it someone bought the building and was gonna have a eatery on the first floor and would rent an upper floor to J.V.
it is up for sale. a salem, oh coffee shop was interested in leasing but the cs stepped back from the deal until pip's financial legal problems are solved.

Towntalk

Yes, what's the deal, as I understand it someone bought the building and was gonna have a eatery on the first floor and would rent an upper floor to J.V.

Youngstownshrimp

Whoa!   I thought the building had a buyer?
I

iwasthere

Quote from: sfc_oliver on January 08, 2013, 01:18:07 PM
I read a book that Pig iron published...

Ragman Ragman if i remember right...........
you are correct written by micheal lacivita. he writes from time to time for the vindy.

sfc_oliver

I read a book that Pig iron published...

Ragman Ragman if i remember right...........
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

Thanks iwt for the update. Jim is very skilled at binding ... I know, because it wasn't easy to bind my manuscript. It's too bad that he couldn't have published it, but I ran into a roadblock on Vol. 1 due to lack of funds to pay for rights to use the material that was in that volume. The other nine volumes were good to go, but without the first volume, the rest wouldn't have made sense.

I started work on the book way back in the early 1990's using a Commodore 64 and finally finished it using a real computer ... a Packard Bell, and several other PC's. Indexed the book and everything. It's a shame that no one will be able to read it because it really give a good insight into the early history of the city and some of its characters over a 100 year time span.

I don't plan to get rid of it, but if I were I'd ask no less that $300.00 for the ten volumes, and a bargain at that.

iwasthere

pip published a book this past Summer. i cannot recall the book's name or author. i witnessed jv bind  every book in this order personally, painstaking and time consuming in my opinion.

Towntalk

Question:

When was the last time that Pig Iron Press actually "published" a book? It is suppose to be a publishing house, or at least that was what it use to be. It seems that today all that it is, is a social club for poets, not that that is bad, and a copy center trying to compete with larger copy centers.

They do a good job at binding manuscripts, because they bound my ten volume manuscript on the story of Youngstown's first 100 years at a very reasonable price considering that each volume contained about 500 pages each.

jay

FYI

An effort to save a downtown institution