News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

In the future

Started by Towntalk, August 21, 2014, 11:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Amen Sister Peggy.
When I first became a member so very long ago, my intent was to educate folks on the history of Youngstown, and at Youngstown Memories area ton of history related posts with absolutely no controversy, but some events occurred that got my dandruff up several years ago that diverted me from my first intent, and eventually it brought out the fighter in me. Now in my newsletters I had free reign over content and that was quite acceptable to the radio stations that subscribed to it, but here skins are much thinner and they can not handle the real me, so I guess I'll either have to put a muzzle on the inner me, or simply not even read the posts on 98% of mahoningvalley.info lest one brings out the beast that lurks deep within my soul, so I say from this point forward ... Youngstown can go on destroying itself for all I care, while I look back on the days when people did no have to fear their tongue, for those were the days when this city produced real leaders who spoke their minds and led Youngstown to become the giant it once was.

Peggy Gurney

You just do your thing TT.
I mean, you have I have had differences of opinion (and a couple of flare-ups), but hey that's all part of life and being human.
If we all shared the same opinion there would be no need for a forum such as this, eh?

~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

The last time someone made a personal attack against me because I dared to differ
from their opinion - I gave them two quarters - AND TOLD THEM TO GO CALL
SOMEONE WHO CARES.

;D ;D ;D

Rick Rowlands

One by one I've outlasted my critics on this forum.  Your critics will fall away too. 

Peggy Gurney

Why on earth would you do that?
I have more critics than I care to admit, but I don't shush because of them.

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Tell that to my critics.

AllanY2525

Don't stop posting your opinions, my friend...."spirited debate" is
one of the founding principles of our democracy, and I for one
value your experience and your wisdom.

Towntalk

In order to please my critics, from now on the only comments I make to posts are: NO COMMENT ... NO OPINION no matter how vital it is to our community. Will I go away anytime soon? Don't count on it but I will simply go back to simply posting messages on Youngstown Memories and leave the political topics to others.