News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Cold Weather Returns

Started by jay, April 14, 2014, 08:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

~ Normal is overrated ~

joly1584

Totally agree with you Peggy!  Anything over 72 and I am miserable.  Give me 50's and 60's any day.  Even when the temps were in the teens I had the window in my office open-the steam heat in our building works too good!

Peggy Gurney

I really hate to be a kill joy, but I love the cooler weather. A couple of days ago when the temp got up to 76 or whatever it was, I was seriously considering bringing the a/c unit up from the basement!
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Does that mean that we won't have locally grown peaches this year. I love fresh peaches, and look forward each year to locally grown peaches and will be mighty sad if I can't get any. Really there's nothing quite as good as sliced fresh peaches and a dish of ice cream, peach pie with a scoop of ice cream on top, or a dish of peach cobbler. It warms the heart, and satisfies the tummy as nothing else can.

jay

The cold weather has already killed off the local peach tree buds.

jay

A TV weather reporter stated that the Mahoning Valley set a new record low of 20 degrees for Wednesday, April 16.

Towntalk

TUESDAY, APRIL 15 Snow/Rain Mix
High 51
Low 25
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 16 Mostly sunny
High 46
Low 18
THURSDAY, APRIL 17 Partly cloudy
High 60
Low 28
FRIDAY, APRIL 18 Partly cloudy
High 62
Low 35
SATURDAY,  APRIL 19 Scattered showers
High 56
Low 38
SUNDAY, APRIL 20 Chance of showers
High 55
Low 38

jay

According to weather forecasters,  we are in for a few days of below zero temperatures and may possibly receive a few inches of snow.

Some of the trees in my neighborhood are already producing leaves.  What effect will these low temperatures have on emerging leaves?