News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

MDA Telethon

Started by Towntalk, September 04, 2011, 11:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

I agree with what some of the writers have been saying:

Jerry should be allowed to do the telethon until HE is ready to step down.  what this man has done for all of the people suffering from MD,
and their families, has earned him this right.  He is probably one of the most self-LESS people in show businesses.  The whole thing stinks
and it really pi**es me off...

:/

Towntalk

I've always looked forward to the annual MDA Telethon, but of all the telethons I've seen over the years this one was absolutely the worst .. the talent was the worst ... third rate garbage except for Maureen McGovern ... so bad in fact that I turned it off, and doubt that I will ever watch it again. Obviously without Jerry Lewis, the top shelf talent that made the telethon great didn't want to participate.

Associated Press:
Comedians who think Jerry Lewis was unceremoniously dumped from his post as chairman of the Muscular Dystrophy Association and face of its annual telethon are holding a Web-athon of their own. Los Angeles' Laugh Factory owner Jamie Masada said Friday that his club will hold a fundraiser on Monday featuring comedians such as Norm Crosby and Dave Chappelle. Fans can watch the performances online and make donations. Proceeds of the event will be presented to scientists working toward a cure for muscular dystrophy as the Jerry Lewis Award. Masada says the event will be held annually until a cure is found. AP

Hopefully if the grand total doesn't live up to the totals that Lewis generated for MDA the association will have second thoughts about the telethon and return it to the standards that Lewis set.

Chicago Sun Times:
On Aug. 3, with no elaboration, MDA announced that Lewis had "completed his run" as national chairman, and that he would not be appearing on the telethon, as promised earlier.
Lewis has provided no insight into the matter. But it's hard to imagine how wronged he must feel.
Comedians angry with Jerry Lewis' telethon end

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/04/eveningnews/main20101566.shtml