News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Company Homes and Iron Soup Nonprofit"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, April 19, 2011, 09:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Sokoloff

Greetings Ron,

Here are the photos that you requested and I am sure you will see if you go inside that these units are still 100% structurally sound which is of course derivable from the fact that the chimneys are still towering tall and strong above the units undamaged from the fire. Most of the stairwells and other items that needed to be removed are all ready gone and clean up is all that remains to get these units ready for your project.

Micro Farming that area has been a topic that we have discussed for the future of this area, although we were figuring on starting a solar and wind farm before a micro farm, but urban aquaculture definitely has a place in those goals. We absolutely are interested in bringing enterprises, not only to our site, but to our city that will improve our community and produce various beneficial revenue streams. We are happy that we have found a way to put enable this plan to come to fruition, without endangering the section of this site that we are trying to preserve for residential purposes.

Our team is willing to devote our complete resources to help bring this project to reality.

As per our discussions, not having a roof over the building would actually improve the scope of your project so that makes this location even more viable, as we are hoping to reclaim the remaining tiles that are still usable to fix the damaged tile roofs on both Delmar Rows. There is enough remaining tile there to do the big roof on our building and the porch roof of your row. Also this would inspire a greater effort to begin the process and planning and creating a micro farming facility, all of which could be run by the power of the sun and the wind, thus increasing any earning potential to its greatest level by dramatically lowering utility costs. Also you could not get more environmentally friendly than an alternatively powered micro farm.

I look forward to  our upcoming meeting with the board I am sure it will be a great one.

Best to All
Timothy Sokoloff

Youngstownshrimp

Tim,  I will agree to meet your Iron Soup board anytime prior to the 30th, Teresa has also contacted me advising me of the meeting.  Concerning the Hampton building, I will drive by this morning and take pictures, thank you for the idea of that structure as an alternative to the Del Mar row.  I will keep you updated.

Tim Sokoloff

Ron, I have removed the link to the photos and hope that in the future we can post those as before photos with some great after photos along with it showcasing any and all improvements that are being made to this incredible piece of history.

I did by the way respond to your message with an invite to meet with myself and other members of our board of directors to see how we may be able to come to some terms and will be discussing when we can do that with them over the next couple of days. You have the number my friend so feel free to call anytime.

As for why I acted so strongly to this initially? My first year I lost a 120 strong DVD collection, a chain saw that did not even belong to me, a brand new dremel tool set and circular saw and a $600 Super 8 camera that was also not mine when Aaron Abbott, known thief and arsonist, broke into my home while I was away and walked off with everything. I was accused of ripping my own self off because the thief neglected to take an antique guitar of great value. I guess no one figured that the guitar looked old, was not electric and was in a case that looked like a rag muffin. Thieves are not antique dealers and surely not smart enough to realize that a beat up old dusty guitar in a beat up old case could be worth thousands of dollars. I can tell you that over the years, past owners and residents who experienced far less problems than I did ran for the hills abandoning this place as quickly as they could because there only concern was for themselves.

So when I felt that the better interests of the place I have fought and sacrificed what I believe no one else would be willing to do, I lost my cool, but I hope I have made all the appropriate apologies and will do my best to learn from my mistakes. That is what the past teaches us. And it is not like I was the only one. We both said things I am sure we regret and neither of us kept it business like as we should have.

And Aurora was correct, it was my board of Directors that helped me see the light as that is their job, to work together with myself and the other members of the board to look out for the best interests of this neighborhood. I am a little tired though of hearing about the website I left up as  part of my design portfolio. It is not like I am CBOSS with a thousand sites online that I can showcase and say I did this. You don't get many jobs around here as it is, and you get far less when you have a past. I didn't forget to remove anything I simply did not want to as that site was part of my work demonstrating my skills as a designer. For now however it was easier to take it down until I figure out what to do with it. It gets several hundred hits a day though for anyone interested in a popular domain name.

Not to mention that if I had ever discussed any plans such as the ones I was accused of I would not have Mr. Charles Schell, and Mr. William Kish on the board of directors and believe me as both my neighbors and my friends there is nothing I do or plan that they don't know about. I would probably not have as many teeth in my head either and would have been run out of the neighborhood long ago.

I am a person of passion when it comes to my convictions and no different literally than a man defending his family as Chuck, and Bill and most of my neighbors are like my family. We have been through a great deal in the past four years, more than most people can even imagine. All we want is to insure there is no further destruction of these awesome places and that we can continue to improve and move more good people into this place because we are just sick and tired of the bad ones.

I am a hothead at times granted, but it was my boldness and hotheadedness that pioneered this venture. Again, if it were not for my return to this place in 2007 permission would have absolutely been given in 2010 to rip these places down to the ground and there would be no Delmar Row at all for anyone to do anything with as in 2007 the entire place was a vacant desolate hole in the earth.

The past and my mistakes in it, whether they be ten years ago, or ten minutes ago help make me a better stronger person and a better member of my community and my organization. I made a mistake in my actions here, I am sorry for it, I lost my cool and said some things I wish I would not have as did others I am sure, butI hope that we can move on because in the end I am not going anywhere. This is my home and I will continue to work to improve it. This is a big year for us as we finally have our paperwork, we have paint, we have materials and we have some new volunteers. So let's get moving forward in some mutual cooperation.

I can tell you there are many other things I could do with my money than spend the over $250 a year it takes in fuel and supplies to cut the enormous amount of grass that we all help take care of because no one else will. It is also a shame that security cameras are such a must in this area to keep people from breaking into our homes but since they have been installed these incidences have gone done drastically. Our new camera security system, which is internet capable and will allow Campbell PD to check our neighborhood right from the PC at dispatch in the event that a criminal element is on the loose, was a $350 upgrade paid for by yours truly not counting my time and labor to set the system up and program it all,  and if you expect to improve those properties and keep people from ripping off your stuff while you are trying to do it, you might want to consider having me install one for you at least for the backside of the building. The front side will actually be getting some coverage as we move one of the old cameras that were taken down over to 38 Chambers so we can keep an eye out on the front of the Delmar Row.

Of course in today's day and age as I see on the news, Poland and Boardman are no less susceptible to thieves, break ins and home invasions than the rest of us. A statistic that is truly saddening.

So in closing I hope that the 30th is a great success for everyone and again I stand with my organization and will not be part of any negative action against this project.

Best Regards to all
Tim Sokoloff

Youngstownshrimp

:) If our true intentions are to preserve and make the Company homes productive again, a vehicle, an organization, should be in place to be the spearhead to this endeavor.  It has been established in this forum that a 501 exist (Iron Soup) and has units as assets.  Because it is also my and my investors goal, we will recognize actions in lieu of words only.  We are requesting a meeting prior to the DECONSTRUCTION PARTY of the trustees and members of Iron Soup.  We are positive that the City is also interested in some type of true leadership in regards to future of the historic homes.