News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Medicare Drug Plans Are not Working For Everyone

Started by jay, January 16, 2006, 08:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

That certainly is an unfortunate situation, but I still don't see the reason why others should pay for your medicines.   Sorry but we taxpayers are not a bottomless pit of money that can pay for everyones wants and needs.  Find a way to pay for it yourself or do without.  Trust me, you will find a way if its that important to you.

lulu12

To Ricks reply, You really do not understand how it is till you get there, but when you are in need of medications that keep you alive and you have no way to pay for them because the drug companies over charge for medications and you are on a fixed income or even have a job that barely pays for your bills and no health insurance, and Dr bills in the thousands, let alone pills to keep you alive, most seniors go without eating and heating their apartments, or homes so they can take the medicines they have to take daily. I hope some day you are faced with this problem your self, then you will have a different view of it. Most Seniors today are not looking for hand outs, but for help. If our government cared anything about health care in the USA they would first go to the DR. and the Pharmacies, they are the ones who are ripping the government & citizens off. And the Health coverages that no one has because they can't afford it, are the reason for such high costs to everyone! You may have a good paying job where you can say buy your own pills, but they can not go without there pills but you sir can go without gas and you can walk or take the bus. Seniors do not have that option when it comes to medicationsthey take them or die or become very sick. I think you are the one who has been brain washed. ::)

Rick Rowlands

Oh no, some people will have to pay for their own medications.  How horrible.  Its amazing how we have all been brainwashed to now believe that it is someone else's responsibility to pay for our medications.   I wish someone would brainwash us so that we think that someone else should pay for the gas in our autos, my truck's fuel gauge is sitting on empty and I don't want to buy my own gas anymore!  :'(

jay

With the advent of the new Medicare Drug Plans, many seniors have found that their names are not showing up on any of the coverage lists.  Fearing that some seniors would have to go without life saving medications, some pharmacies have filled prescriptions even though the new system is not working for everyone.