News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Amphitheater Funding?

Started by jay, November 21, 2016, 08:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoyceFarrell

IWT and Jay are spot on. Over the past how many decades since the downtown went into decline dozens of grand schemes have come and gone; thousands of dollars were spent, and a pile of plans circulated. Over that same span of time The Vindicator published articles promoting these grand schemes, and here we are nearing the end of 2016 still going down the same garden path.

Jay has rightfully pointed out the deplorable state of the city's infrastructure, and here in the 7th Ward people in the Brownlee Woods area are plagued with water problems.

When and if the hotel in the Stambaugh Building becomes a reality, it could be a bell weather indicator for the viability of an Amphitheater. but until then we must be reminded of the fact that this project would not just mean the amphitheater itself, but major changes on South Phelps and South Hazel Streets along with the road under the Market Street Bridge.

Rushblvd

Trickling down  :laugh: :laugh:

iwt is right--I love the idea of the amphitheater, BUT!!!!1

jay

QuoteWhich of these city funds will be tapped for the downtown amphitheater project?

General Fund
Water Fund
Waste Water Fund
Environmental Sanitation Fund

What the newspaper reporter failed to stress was that all three of these are funding sources.
Water Fund $2 Million Dollars
Waste Water Fund $2 Million Dollars
Environmental Sanitation Fund $1 Million Dollars

I agree with IWT.  Water funds should only be used to replace our aging water lines.  Waste water funds should only be used to improve our sewer system.  Environmental Sanitation Funds should only be used for waste collection and waste disposal.

iwasthere

ytown city leaders cannot find monies to upgrade the city's waterlines but the city leaders can find monies for a concrete performance stage. :(

JoyceFarrell

Money would come from city's enterprise departments, naming rights, and borrowing block grant funds
http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/nov/22/finance-committee-favors-amphitheater-pr/

jay

The answer may be in the Tuesday issue of the local newspaper.

Rushblvd

I will go with Water & General--I think some Water "Flows" into General ;)

JoyceFarrell

Water Fund  ??? :P  And a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

jay

A Quiz For Youngstown Residents

Which of these city funds will be tapped for the downtown amphitheater project?

General Fund
Water Fund
Waste Water Fund
Environmental Sanitation Fund