News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

City Council Reorganization Meeting - Monday, January 4

Started by jay, December 23, 2015, 05:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

jay

Rushblvd

jay

The new Seventh Ward Councilwoman and the new Sixth Ward Councilwoman repeatedly voted against each proposed slate of members for the committee.

jay

QuoteWhat time did that get over? :'(

The meeting lasted well past 9:00 p.m.  This included an executive session in the caucus room where committee assignments were made.

Let's see if the newspaper reports the committee assignment information in today's edition.

Rushblvd

jay

What a night at city council.
The first big controversy was which councilmen would sit on the Committee on Standing Committee Appointments.

- First Slate
Councilman Pinkard
Councilman Ray
Councilwoman Adamczak
Councilwoman Davis
The vote was 2-5. The slate was rejected.

- Second Slate
Councilwoman Adamczak
Councilman Ray
Councilwoman McNally
Councilwoman Davis
The vote was 2-5. The slate was rejected.

- Third Slate
Councilman Rodgers
Councilman Pinkard
Councilman Ray
Councilwoman Adamczak
The vote was 2-5.  The slate was rejected.

- Fourth Slate
Councilman Pinkard
Councilman Ray
Councilan Rodgers
Councilwoman Adamczak
The vote was 4-3. The slate passed but only after a scolding from the President of Council.

jay

QuoteAnswer-Mike Ray

I believe you are correct.  Mike Ray was appointed to fill the unexpired term of Carol Righetti when she resigned to become a Mahoning County Commissioner.  He was elected to his first term in 2011.  Councilman Ray is starting his second (and last) 4-year term.

Rushblvd

I still laugh at that 8:00 pm time- iwasthere aren't you getting ready for bed at that time  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I hope that this 8:00 pm fits into the schedule of the newly elected council members-Especially the one (s) who designated their office hours.

jay

iwasthere

jay

Question

Which of these returning councilmen has the most seniority?

Second Ward Councilman T.J. Rogers
Third Ward Councilman Nate Pinkard
Fourth Ward Councilman Mike Ray

cc4

I think that seeing how this council divides the committee appointments

will tell a great deal about what we might expect about their ability to work

for the good of the city as a whole.  I also hope we see some

changes of how meetings are run and citizens are heard from.  It will be difficult

as long as the current president of council remains in office though, I believe.

iwasthere

I hope this New council of representatives put education, experience s and knowledge over the appointments for committee s not egos.

Rushblvd

If council (both new and old) can remember that it is not about them, but about the people they represent it might work.. ::)