News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

City Council Reorganization Meeting - Monday, January 4

Started by jay, December 23, 2015, 05:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

jay

Sometimes I wonder if the councilmen have much effect on the legislation that comes before them.  I get the impression that the city hall staff/departments come up with the legislation and a councilman just attaches his or her name to it.

After I do some research, I'll give an example from the first council meeting of this year.

Youngstownshrimp

The result of a brain drain is a pool of unqualified stupid leaders to choose from.  Solution :  scrap the present form of government and let the people CONTRACT, a City Manager.

iwasthere

I could see a recall on the council representative s for not going to block watches are the ones at risk for a recall.

Rushblvd

ATTENTION ALL CANDIDATES-Do Not put your signs-tee-shirts-or emery boards away.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

jay

A few residents have said that if this new council doesn't work together it might be time to initiate

A RECALL

Rushblvd

iwasthere

i wished mayor McNally all the LUCK AND SUCCESS with the new and reelected council reps because he will need additional patience with council and president of council who thinks he IS TARZAN of the council chambers.

Rushblvd

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Wow it's gonna be a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong 4yrs

jay

QuoteSo, you're saying that they can't even come up with a committee to assign who's going to be on the committees ?

YES

AllanY2525

Quote from: jay on January 04, 2016, 10:16:34 PM
What a night at city council.
The first big controversy was which councilmen would sit on the Committee on Standing Committee Appointments.

So, you're saying that they can't even come up with a committee to assign who's going to be on
the committees ?

LOL

:)

iwasthere

Cs and ytown city council representatives should follow Benjamin Franklin advice, " let people think you are fool instead of removing all doubt by opening your mouth and removing any doubt." If these individuals follows this advice ytown residents will have a win win situation for their city's future success in all avenues of recovery.

Rushblvd

I agree with you iwasthere-If it took all night let it be, but do not bully the committees to get done-

iwasthere

Cs had no business berating ytown council representative s for going against the proposed slate. If Cs did not have the stomach or fortitude being part of the democratic process he must resigned from his position as presid ent of council. If the fools wanted to go until midnight or early into next morning let it. They will look like fools without Cs assistance in this matter Cs said, "it was politics"does he know for certain. Stay tune folks the circus had just started with Its performers