News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Crickets-the new protein

Started by joly1584, September 30, 2015, 01:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewie

Wait is there anyone here that believes the Health Department would mandate that the city treat water to be safe for crickets?  Investigate what? Crickets live in puddles and stuff. They probably don't like the chemicals in tap water. Buy a bunch of tropical fish and dump them in a tank of water right out of the tap. See what happens to them. Try again
#watchdogslol

Youngstownshrimp

This guy several years ago asked to meet the shrimpfarmer, he was shocked to learn, I endorsed fracing.  This dude most likely burned thru daddy's capitalistic money and the plug was pulled.

AllanY2525

They could have collected rain water.... Youngstown no longer has the extreme air pollution it once had when
the mills were operating.  One would think that rainwater would be pretty pure, if captured before it went
into the ground.....??

Rushblvd

It maybe to much chemicals in the water for these little creatures.

cc4

If our water is killing crickets, our local media should be investigating and letting

us know how bad it is or possibly getting the interest of watchdogs/experts

who might advise the general public.

Rushblvd

On a serious note (I couldn't let that pass)-What exactly makes the drinking water bad for the crickets, and where are they moving to??

Rushblvd

Maybe the crickets need to go to Crickets and drink beer :laugh: :laugh:

northside lurker

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

cc4

Are we talking about the city water that we all drink? 

northside lurker

Unfortunately, yes.  Their reason for moving is the water; they claim that the water is killing their crickets.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

Is it true that the cricket farm has moved or is moving out of Youngstown?

Towntalk

That's because every time the national media comes to town they scout out the most god forsaken backdrop and portray Youngstown in the worst possable light. I'm fed up with it. We've come a long way back since 2000 or even 1990 and a lot of that is due in no small part to all the neighborhood groups and YSU, the Incubator, and a whole lot of others. When do we at long last purge ourselves of the hopeless rust belt town that offers no hope for the future? What will it take for the Kevin's in this city to let go of the 1970's when the mills closed and there was no hope in sight. Doesn't he and others like him have sense enough to realize that they are not only putting the city in a bad light, but they are also doing their own businesses no good? Look, admittedly I wouldn't touch his products with a ten foot pole, but that's me, but there are those that will buy his goods and more power to them. As I said before, his portrail of Youngstown as a crumbling hopeless city is dead wrong, and nothing anyone says in his defence will convince me otherwise.

Peggy Gurney

LOL you are so dramatic TT.    8)
~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

I would tend to agree that those who are working towards urban revitalization
should want to show and emphasize the positive vs dwelling on the negative.
It serves the city better to show things in a positive light.

Towntalk

I must respectfully disagree with you. The portion that deals with his product is acceptable but using a shell of a factory is out of place, and nothing that anyone says will change my mind. Over the past ten years we have been busting our tails to end the notion that there is nothing but desolation here in Youngstown, And darn it, I'm sick and tired of people wanting to keep dragging up the distent past, and again nothing will change my mind. IT IS CAST IN THICK CONCRETE BEHIND A FOOT THICK WALL OF STEEL. You and others like you have been working your hearts out trying to improve our image and this video so far as I'm concerned is a slap in your face. I do not know Kevin, and to be perfectly honest, based on that video, I want nothing to do with him! As to his heart ... I couldn't care less. IF he is so into urban revitalization he should be promoting those groups such as your neighborhood group and all the other neighborhood groups that could use his support.
In closing allow me to borrow an expression you recently posted on a facebook page pfffttttt.