News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Where Is It?

Started by Towntalk, August 28, 2015, 11:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

What ever happened to the renovation plans for IPES park in which the ycs was going to pay for it. I heard ycs wanted to put 2.5 million dollars into this field.

AllanY2525

That would be a good venue for a concert or movie, for sure..... they could use a portable stage
for concerts and a portable screen for movies.  The concrete in the stands looks like it could use
some resurfacing, but it doesn't look like it's totally falling apart yet.

Maybe the ward councilperson could approach some of the area lumber stores about donating
some wood to re-hab the bleachers.

Towntalk

It sure is Ipe Field. The field itself is in good shape, but as the pictures show the stands are in desperate need of repair. Hopefully we can get our next City Councilperson to get this righted, for the playground area is in good shape. The field would make a great outdoor venue for concerts and movies. Since we already have a good ball field in the 7th Ward there is no need to use it for ball games.

jay

I hope it's not Ipe Field.

Towntalk

Can anyone tell me where this ball park is in Youngstown?