News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

.99 cent gas in Struthers

Started by Towntalk, August 27, 2015, 10:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

On the North Side across the street from the Union Square Plaza which is in Youngstown is a BP gas station which is in Liberty Township, so if a reporter were reporting an event at lets say the BP station, and wasn't thinking, but knew that the plaza was in Youngstown, he could very well place the gas station in the city. Reporters are only human and subject to making mistakes just like the rest of us. No big deal unless one is a nitpicker.

Towntalk

Get a life Jay, it was the media that said Struthers not the owner and given that it is on the border between Youngstown and Struthers it would be a simple mistake on the part of the reporter. Did you hear, with your own ears the gas station owner say with his own lips that his station was in Struthers? By the way, the owner lives in Canfield so does that impact the story for you?

jay

99 cent gas in Struthers ??????

Even the gas station doesn't want to admit that it is located in Youngstown.

Towntalk

So? This morning the line was so long that it reached I-680 and in front of where I live you took your life in your hands to pull out of our parking lot. I'm glad that there was no emergency that required YFD or an ambulance. It wasn't a very smart idea.

http://wkbn.com/2015/08/27/cheap-gas-gimmick-creates-traffic-and-anger-issues/

jay

I saw the story on the TV news this afternoon that stated that this promotion caused such a traffic jam on E. Midlothian and Youngstown-Poland Road that the  police had to ask the filling station to cancel the event.

I wonder how much gasoline was wasted by those drivers who waited in line for one and a half hours to purchase 99 cent fuel.

::)

Towntalk

Did our good friend Jay take advantage of the .99 cent gas that was made available in our beloved 7th Ward today? Aren't we just too wonderful for words Jay?

Towntalk