News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

City Council Finance Committee Meeting - Monday, August 11

Started by jay, August 10, 2014, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

iwasthere

denniis roller tapes the meetings as we write and blog. you can find these tapings www.whatshappeningyoungstown.com

AllanY2525

Well, if city council would wake up and enter the twenty first century, the public could attend
using Skype - or any number of other online chat/video software and never have to leave their
home or office to do so.

Geeeeezzzzz

iwasthere

Towntalk

See, this grey haired old Grannyhasn't forgotten her CB days.  :laugh: :laugh:

Towntalk

That's a huge 10-4 good buddy. We'll catch ya on the flip flop.  :laugh:

iwasthere

Quote from: Towntalk on August 11, 2014, 09:06:29 PM
Would it make any difference if the meetings were held at night ,,, Committee Meetings ... 6:30 to 7:30 and Council Meetings between 7:30 and 10:00 PM?
other towns have evening government meetings to ensure a public discourse.

Towntalk

Would it make any difference if the meetings were held at night ,,, Committee Meetings ... 6:30 to 7:30 and Council Meetings between 7:30 and 10:00 PM?

jay

When a council committee meeting is held at noon, you can bet that few, if any, members of the public are able to attend. 

That's the way the majority of council like it.

Towntalk

Did you my Friend? And what about those members who have a job? In order to satisfy you are they to take the day off so that they can attend all the meetings you deem to be almighty important.
I'll make no excuses for myself ... I don't go to all the meetings you think we should go to ... and notthing you say will ever change my habits.
The more you hammer on this, the more resistant I'll be.
In the meantime my friend, I reserve the right to give members of local government figurative hot feet, or a good swift kick in the seat of their pants when they need it.
By the way Jay, just how many of our members post here between 8:00 AM and 7:00 PM? Did it ever accrue to you that most of our members have real world jobs, and can't take off every time a meeting is scheduled?

jay

So how many Forum members attended this meeting at noon?

jay

Youngstown City Council
Finance Committee Meeting

Monday, August 11, Noon

- Location -
Council Caucus Room
Sixth Floor
Youngstown City Hall
26 S. Phelps Street
Downtown Youngstown