News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Get Ready To Hunker Down

Started by jay, January 05, 2014, 08:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Had a lovely drive to Cleveland and back today.  What made it even better was no school buses in my way! 

jay

On TV this morning they said to call 211.  Also, the Red Cross has plans in place for emergency shelters if utilities fail.

Billy Mumphrey

Are there any "warming" stations in the area where people can get in from the cold if they have to?

jay

Water line breaks usually come with deep temperature drops.  Stock up on water ahead of the storm.  If you do not have water service, you can always bring in snow from your yard and melt it inside your home to use for many purposes.

Billy Mumphrey

Wal-Mart was packed and the shelves were empty. I believe all schools have closed in Mahoning and Trumbull Counties, some schools have already said they are closed Tuesday.
Hunker down indeed!

jay

I just returned from the grocery store.  The place was packed.  I guess everyone is taking this weather warning seriously.

jay

It's probably a good idea to stay at home for the next few days.  Temperatures are expected to drop to below zero starting on Monday.  If needed, go to a grocery store today to stock up with any food items or supplies you will need.