News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

New Y-town Police Chief and Law Director named

Started by Billy Mumphrey, December 27, 2013, 01:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: Towntalk on December 29, 2013, 10:46:55 AM
Some wise old gent once said ... It's not what you know, but who you know.
another way to say nepotism is alive and well in ytown city hall.

Towntalk

Billy, that my friend has been the way things have been done in politics since time began, and I doubt that for all our protests, it will ever change. You can change a man's cloths, you can change the color of his hair, but you can never change his heart when it comes to politics, for regardless of what party he belongs to, all politicians without exception have two faces ... the one they show to the public, and the one that we never see until it's too late, and guess which one is the mask?
Whenever any politician reaches out to shake your hand, he has only one thing in mind ... your vote ... nothing more, and nothing less.
He will listen to what you have to say, and tell you that it's a splendid idea, but in reality, it's going in one ear and out the other. He couldn't care less, or he's already set his agenda, and won't change it. Only the power behind him (his controller) can do that.
Never bask in the light that any politician shines down on you, because in the end, you will be disappointed.
Trust only yourself, for in the end, you are the master of your destiny, and no one else.

Towntalk

Some wise old gent once said ... It's not what you know, but who you know.

iwasthere

i cannot believe lees is the only one that has the most qualifications and experiences when i know other ypd po with the same or related experiences for this position.

Towntalk

Good idea my friend, I too would like to know who all sought the jobs and hopefully their qualifications.

iwasthere

i am going to ask for a punlic recd request for inds that applied for pc and ld for qualifications's comparsions.

Youngstownshrimp

I'd rather have a mayor with intelligent, educated buddies to appoint than the unqualified buddies the last few leaders sellected.  The bottom of the barrel is replaced with a fuller barrel because of the global industry that requires it.

Billy Mumphrey

Quote from: Towntalk on December 28, 2013, 07:14:38 PM
but perhaps that is beyond your ability to comprehend.

And you wonder why there were very few Merry Christmas wishes? Why be nice one day when we're naughty 364 days?

Towntalk

How many of the applicants have the background that Lees has? Do you of your own knowledge know for a matter of  absolute fact that there were applicants that were MORE qualified than Lees? He was on the force for about 30 years ... was commander of  departments ... trained new officers. He is going to continue the work that Foley started ... he has the confidence of the FBI.
Personally I couldn't care less where he lives so long as he does his job, for God only know that we need a Police Chief that will wage a war on crime.
Perhaps that is not a priority with you, but it is with the rest of Youngstown.
The city is NOT measured by where it's Police Chief lives, but what he does to make Youngstown a safer place to live and work, but perhaps that is beyond your ability to comprehend.

Billy Mumphrey

If you believe naming your buddies is ok, then why take applications for the positions?

jay

This stinks!

It's like being ruled by a foreign power who, as individuals, do not want to live with the people they govern.

Towntalk

SO WHAT! BIG DEAL -- NOT!
Next time around why don't you run for Mayor then you can name your buddies for positions. Surely you know at least one person who could quality for someoffice.

Billy Mumphrey

From what I was told at the press conference today introducing the new hires the police chief who is retired will receive a full salary in addition to his retirement pension.
Also, both the chief and law director live in Boardman.

The mayor also said he was told Lees was interested in the job so Lees met with the new mayor on Christmas Eve and was given the job. So much for all the applicants who filed for the position.