News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Bessemer Block, Youngstown,O"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, November 01, 2012, 10:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Does that mean I'm not getting any?

Youngstownshrimp

Apparently, this hill of Youngstown block pavers, came out of an entire road on the old Sharon line.  I'm beginning to have big project ideas for this block as reclaimed.

Rick Rowlands

OK I'll hold tight and see what happens.

Youngstownshrimp

Thanks Iwasthere.
Rick, I don't believe many will act on this especially when most in Youngstown are foreign to manual work, not to be insulting, I am just stating a fact.  So, if we hear nothing here, I'll show you the site.  We will need my backhoe to pull the brick up since they sat in a pile for decades.  Come to think of it, your backhoe might fit better through the woods.

iwasthere

i will put out a shout out for assistance to the members. thank you ytown shrimp and rr for your help in this matter.

Rick Rowlands

Ron, let them have whatever they need and I'll take whatever is left.  If I can get a few strong backs to help load the truck I'll deliver the blocks to the Youngstown Pride Center. 

iwasthere

the ytown pride centre accepts your generous offer.

Youngstownshrimp

Iwasthere.
Sounds novel, maybe we can donate some in memory of my wife's cousin Dr. Phil Ginnetti?

iwasthere

ytown pride ctr can use them to complete their one garden dedicated to people who lost their lives from aids.

Youngstownshrimp

Maybe we can devy them up, need to talk to my associates to hear their inputs.
Are you thinking of bringing in a machine?  There also are 10" cinder blocks.

Rick Rowlands

I have about 500 of them, but still not enough to do anything of any size at the Tod Engine.  With a few hundred more I could put in a nice walkway.  So let me know and I'll come out and get them.

Youngstownshrimp

I know Youngstown brick show up now and then, but while inspecting some acreage on the Eastside, I stumbled on a small hill of Bessemer block, Youngstown, O brick in some woods.  All the brick are clean and should be reclaimed and used for a project in Youngstown.  So if any of you die hard Youngstown inhabitants want to build something using Youngstown brick, let me know.