News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Bessemer Block, Youngstown,O"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, November 01, 2012, 10:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Getting Yellow creek theatre ready for July, how about middle of July?

Rick Rowlands

I have no problem digging through the piles and pulling out what I need, but if you want to get out a bunch as well we will need something to dig with.  Let me first take a look at the location and then figure out what equipment we will need.  I'll bring in a bobcat for a day if there is nothing else available.

Youngstownshrimp

How would you load them?  The mounds of these bricks,are overgrown with saplings interspersed with fill.  We would need to loosen them up.  I do need to pull up a lot of them for my brick patio too.  Let's work on them together.

Rick Rowlands

Ron,  are the Bessemer bricks still available?  If i could fill my pickup with about three loads I think I'll have enough for what I need to do, which is to lay a brick floor inside the Tod Engine building around the engine.

Rick Rowlands

Don't have the backhoe any more.  Figured that I wasn't using it much and that it didn't work so well on my small lot anyways.  I can always get other equipment for a day or two.  Give me a call when you plan to be on site and I'll stop by to take a look.  Thanks

Youngstownshrimp

Rick,
Getting ready to move into the site , have some logging going on over there.

Youngstownshrimp

Rick,
Can you get your backhoe close to the new McGuffey Dollar General?  I could bring the dump truck, my backhoe is on my job in Poland.

Rick Rowlands

I'm still very interested in enough to do a 15' x 40' area at the Tod Engine.

iwasthere

ytownshrimp the ytown pc decided to take another directions with the AIDS memorial garden. we discussed it the other nite, thank you for your offer.

Youngstownshrimp

So...........Iwasthere, time is running out, where's the project you mentioned requiring Youngstown Block?

Towntalk

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;D ;D ;D  That sounds like what the west side folks would do.  ;D ;D ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Rick Rowlands

Ron, there would be plenty of takers if we would load the bricks up, clean them, move them to where they want them, then laid them down.  And then there would be nothing but complaining about how we did not do it to their satisfaction, or that there was a rut left in their yard from the truck. 

Youngstownshrimp

Rick,
Seems like you and I will be the only ones using Bessemer block, no takers here or in all of Youngstown.
I'm going to haul these antiques to Poland and use them for sidewalks, just like I hauled all those stone in the middle of Poland from Youngstown.

Youngstownshrimp

I'm sure there are more brick than ideas or willpower.