News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Saturday, No Water - Sunday, No Electricity

Started by jay, July 15, 2012, 10:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

The power companies have been putting all of their money into upgrading power plants to satisfy the EPA's mandates and there is nothing left to upgrade the grid.  I hope you are preparing for electricity bills 200 to 300% higher in a couple of years because its coming. 

Politicians will never actually care about infrastructure and will let it to deteriorate.  Even a major bridge failing in a major city killing a bunch of people didn't wake them up. Politicians would rather give our money to Jacob Harver to start the Lemon Grove instead of putting it into true "PUBLIC WORKS".

our2cents

Our water system in the US is extremely old now, with most areas on a fix the booboo with a bandaid mentality.  At least in some cities when roads are being resurfaced they take the time to replace these old systems...because they are brittle at this age. 
As for the power, phone, cable, etc...again that comes down to planning.  We can't stop mother nature...storms happen.  But, there is such a thing as hardening our infrastructure...specifically moving the critical lines more underground...but that hardly happens unless it's a new subdivision...and even then everything ties into the old.
But, even with our current system...I would hardly say 3rd world at all.  We still have the best system in the world...it's just old and in need of some changes.

jay

QuoteDo you feel that you live in a Third World Country ?   

Third World Country?  No!

Third World City?   :-X

kenneyjoe330

How long were you out of water ?  How long were you out of electricity ?   Do you feel that you live in a Third World Country ?   

jay

I didn't have water on Saturday.  Now today's storm on the west side knocked out power to my area.

:o