News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Ethanol

Started by Towntalk, August 17, 2006, 09:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

For those interested in Ethanol as a substitute for gasoline, my web site in it's Sunday edition  is featuring a lengthy article on the topic that includes some research links.

Brazil's Road to Energy Independence: Alternative-Fuel Strategy, Rooted in Ethanol From Sugar Cane, Seen as Model

http://farrell-report.tripod.com

AllanY2525

It is my intention to build a plant right here in Youngstown that will manufacture BOTH
ethanol (for "E-85 ethanol/gas mix") AND Bio-diesel fuel for diesel engine cars and
trucks.

Imagine paying about HALF the current prices at the pumps to purchase these
new, envinronmentally friendly, totally renewable fuels.  This would put more cash
directly back into the pockets of every man and woman who owns and drives a
motor vehicle in the Mahoning Valley.

A plant like this would also create a couple hundred new jobs for Youngstown -
and decent paying jobs at that.

:)

Towntalk

While working on my media newsletter, I discovered that near my home town (Clearfield, Pa. ) BioInternational LLC is building what will be Pennsylvania's first Ethanol plant that will be going into production in 2008 creating 110 jobs. The plant will cost "$250 million including $17.4 million from state investments. The package includes a $400,000 grant throug the Opportunity Grant Program, $500,000 in Job Creation Tax Credits, $2.5 million in loans and grants from the Infrastructure Development Program and $14 million through the Redevelopment Assistance Capitol Program." The plant will be located near Curwensville.

Just think about what could happen here if our leadership could sit down with this company and state officials and convince them to build an Ethanol plant here.