News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Repaired Section" Of New Road

Started by jay, August 25, 2009, 08:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Actually Allan there is not time to do it again either in Youngstown.  Bryson has seen its "once in a blue moon" paving, and won't be paved again for a long long time.  Even if the entire street turns into one big crater it won't be paved again. I wish they would take the time to do these streets right, I would love to get my hands on a couple truck loads of the Bessemer blocks.

With regard to New Road, it sounds as if there was some unexpected settling that occurred.  If the job was done by a contractor they should be obligated to repair the section as a part of the contract.  If done by county forces then expect to live with it.

AllanY2525

Rusty,

They paved Bryson Street in front of a property I own two summers ago... it is
cracking and coming up already - due to improper surface preparation before
paving it.

They left the same old, busted up sidewalks and curbs when they paved the
street - which allows water to get under the pavement at its edges every
winter and FREEZE - which is probably why the two year old pavement is
already starting to come apart.

There's never time to do it right, but ALWAYS time to do it over again....

:/

rusty river

Say what you want about the conditions of the streets in Youngstown, but when they do pave a road, it's done correctly. Just another example of how township governments are inefficient in providing the necessary services to an urban population.

iwasthere

then like i said in the past, LET THE FUN BEGIN. :) ;) :D ;D :o 8) ::) :laugh:

ytowner

I enjoy the roller coaster part. I speed up and hug the curb and it provides some immature entertainment for the day! I drive it each day so I am used to it now nonetheless.

iwasthere

jay

This road had been closed for months while it was being repaired.   Austintown Township should refuse to pay for the work until it is done properly.

Why?Town

I just drove it this afternoon, I agree with your rollercoaster description.

jay

Has anyone been on the "repaired section" of New Road in Austintown between Meridian and Raccoon Road?  Driving on the westbound lane is like riding on a roller coaster.  The pavement dips up and down as you head into the curve.