News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Downtown Bank Fire

Started by Towntalk, July 11, 2012, 11:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

I noticed a couple of days ago that Dennis seems to be back to his old childish name-calling. It's now been confirmed. What a way to set an example for the kids, Mr. Principal.

As for your father doing the right thing, all kids believe their father does the right thing. But the truth is, you weren't there and really don't know.

Also as the great union supporter that you are, you surely do realize that going beyond your job description (whether you're union or not) can have negative consequences initiated by those whose union job you are infringing upon (whether or not they actually are doing the job).

Towntalk

:)  Bank reopened for banking business ... use Market Street entrance.

irishbobcat

Rick, don't turn this in to a union thing. My father was in the union for 37 years, but he still did the right thing even if it wasn't in his contract....I am sure there are some white-collared non-union managers who work in that bank building who also never watered the flowers because it was beneath their all-mighty  positions in life.

Rick Rowlands

Dennis, you are pro union so you of all people should know that it is not the union way to think outside of the box and do anything not in your job description.  This is a big union town and the bank employees were just doing things the "union way".

kenneyjoe330

Quote from: jay on July 13, 2012, 10:29:37 AM
As ugly as they are, I would rather have artificial flowers in that planter.
I am extreemly dismayed by this answer of yours Jay  >:(  - You MUST have had a bad day - it's sooo kay - hope your feeling better soon  :-*

iwasthere

as a renter i try my best to keep the outside plants healthy by watering them on a daily basis. its the ldlds responsibility but they live in boardman and canfield in which it creates a problem. so, i help out, no big deal. as for the bank's or the bldg's owners shame on them for their uncaring attitude.

Towntalk

If it's done during lunch break, that's a horse of another feather provided the building maintenance folks don't object. Some of these folks can get pretty angry when they perceive someone else doing their job.

irishbobcat

Towntalk.....sorry, it is about "it's not my job".....

again, I guess if it not listed specifically in the job description for maintainence people, they don't have
to do it....

and again, if it's not listed specifically in the job description of bank tellers or managers, they don't have to do it....

Can't somebody associated with that building take 5 minutes from lunch time, break time, or when leaving the building for the night to
put water in a dixie cup and water the flowers?

As a school principal, it's not  in my job description to pick up paper or pencils left on the floor, nor to grab a mop some days to clean up a spill or some student's vomit.....but I do it.....

It truely is that simple.

Towntalk

It's not a case of "I am too important ... It's not my job"

These buildings hire men to maintain the building, this involves not only taking care of the mechanics but keeping the building clean and safe. Most of the day they are not so busy that they can't take a few minutes to water the plants.

On the other hand, the bank employees are charged with doing specific jobs that carry with it a responsibility to the banks customers, and that does not include watering flowers.

The employees of the businesses that have offices in the building also have responsibilities to their employers that does not include building maintenance.

jay

As ugly as they are, I would rather have artificial flowers in that planter.

irishbobcat

That's the problem with society today....it's somebody elses job to water the plants....

"I am too important to water flowers"....

"It's not in my job description...it's not my job!".....

people, do you really hear yourselfs?

Sad when all mankind can't take 5 minutes to water some flowers....

Towntalk

Oh for crying out loud!!!! Stuff and nonsense!!!! The folks at the bank have more important things to do than water a few poseys!!!! Blame it on the buildings janitors...they are the ones responsible for keeping the building up...that's their job...that's what they're paid to do...or is that too difficult to understand? Blame can also be placed at the feet of the buildings tenants...perhalps CityScape should ignore the buildings and just plant their Petunia's and Pansy's elsewhere along the street.

jay

It was the employees of the bank who begged for the plants for their window ledge.  Other StreetScape volunteers had to search up and down West Federal Street to find a few extra plants for the bank.

Rick Rowlands

There is nothing stopping any of you from going downtown with some water and watering these plants.   Didn't Cityscape think to recruit a team of volunteers to maintain the plants?  Gather up some water and go down and save those plants!  Don't complain, just do it! 

iwasthere

did the yfd water the must needed flowers at the huntington bank's flower beds. it is a lack of care and community service amd waste of city scapes monies when busineses do not live up to their obligations aka providing one gallon of water to keep their free city donated flowrs from dying up and swiverling up to die a painful death in the hot july sun.