News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Firefighters' Physical Test

Started by jay, September 17, 2011, 06:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

At 0ne time ladder trucks had two drivers one in the cab and another in the back of the truck. I believe that they were called Tiller Hook and Ladder trucks. Didn.t YFD one have them here?

yfdgricker

That particular ladder is Ladder 24 stationed on the South Side. It's a 102ft ladder truck. The downtown ladder, L22, is a 100ft. Many cities have buildings that are higher than the ladder trucks can reach. That is the reason for strict building codes and fire escapes. They give multiple methods of escaping from tall buildings in the event of a fire. The fire codes also call for fire walls in high rises that confine the fire to a certain area so that occupants can escape and firefighters can knock the fire down, ventilate and rescue any remaining occupants.

Towntalk

Question for Greg:

That latter looks like it could place a fireman above many of the downtown buildings but what about those above 10 floors such as the Central Tower?

jay

jay

I noticed a few fire trucks and many people at the Chaney High School parking lot this morning.  I believe the department was conducting strength tests for men and women.  Some people were running around the track and others were pulling hoses up and down the parking lot.

Does anyone know for sure what specific strength tests were part of this exam?