News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Why Not Youngstown? Buffalo City Council Votes to Ban Gas Drilling and Fracking

Started by irishbobcat, February 09, 2011, 03:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Dan, I was also just trying another approach on Dennis, just being sarcastic. 

BTW, in a meeting the other day, one of the major oil and gas company finally disclosed that eastern Ohio has the Utica shale and that the drill in Lake Milton hit oil.  So we, finally here in Mahoning county will see a boom beyond our imagination, we still will allow Dennis to buy energy from us to drive his car and heat his home.  Unless of course he has a perpetual motion machine and no longer leaves carbon footprints.

Dan Moadus

Youngstownshrimp. I didn't mean any disrespect, of course. Any work is honorable work. I was just trying to make a point with our resident hardhead, who seems to want us to end all progress to save our planet.

irishbobcat

Shrimp, you do not educate me......I school you......

When Ohioans begin to see the dirty picture of fracking they will want it stopped as well......

Youngstownshrimp

Dan, what in the world is wrong with a rice patty and a carabao?  As a child I use to ride on the neck of my grandfather's water buffalo heading towards his coconut plantation.  This was totally green energy and the tenant farmers worked their hands to the bones to produce copra for Proctor and Gamble.  Are you telling me that Dennis wants us to become this type of economy?  Hmmmmmm....... I think I am beginning to get the picture the green revolution!

BTW, fact Dennis, the business journal the other day reported fracking a go for Ohio, this was approved by the OEPA and other agencies.  The reason why Pittsburg and Buffalo banned drilling is because their populace are entitled.  Us capitalist will win in court , look up the law about "a taking."  The rural areas where Americans work are harvesting their minerals like mad, PA created 200,000 jobs because of their minerals.  Fort Worth created 85,000 jobs.  This answers your question on the other forum subject, I'm educating an educator.

irishbobcat

Dan, when fracking poisons the land and water around us,

we won't have any rice patties.....

Keep drinking the dirty toxic frack water Dan.....

Dan Moadus

Yeah yeah yeah, Dennis. We hear you. I'm sure these people are just like the people who wanted to ban the motorcar, and trains because they knew that man's body could not sustain speeds of over 15 miles per hour. They won't be happy until we are walking ankle deep in a rice patty behind a water buffalo.

irishbobcat

Buffalo City Council Votes to Ban Gas Drilling and Fracking
Pittsburgh made headlines not too long ago by approving a measure to ban corporate personhood and the controversial natural gas drilling practice of "fracking" which can contaminate water sources. And now, Buffalo is rocking the boat too. Buffalo News reports:

The Common Council has voted to ban any form of natural gas extraction in Buffalo, including a controversial mining technique known as hydrofracking.

Ban supporters admit this afternoon's unanimous vote is largely symbolic, given the fact that no "fracking" projects have been proposed in Buffalo. But they insist the ban could be a catalyst in spurring similar actions in municipalities in New York, Pennsylvania and other states where gas-rich Marcellus Shale is located.