News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Conservative Cuts Have Consequences

Started by irishbobcat, February 07, 2011, 04:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

It's not a difficult situation to understand.

A hand up or a hand out. Do you not understand the difference Dennis?

I prefer the hand up. It costs so much less and gives a man his self esteem.

And for those who simply cannot work because of a disability, that is a whole different story.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

I do not believe they are freeloaders....you neo-cons do......I was using your words.....

So if you're not going to find jobs.....are the neo-cons going to provide that there are enough
jobs available?  Jobs that pay well enough to put a roof, food, and clothing for them and their families?

Also, how tough are these folks supposed to have it under your way of life? Since they won't get hired, are they to go hungry?

Are they to home homeless?

As Scrooge said, I guess you neo-cons believe we should just go ahead and decrease the surplus population?

And If they can't support themselves, should they just walk into the woods and die?

Again, your view on life if you folks are in charge is sad....

How do you folks sleep at night?

Rick Rowlands

I am not going to find jobs for anyone.  Those people are going to have to find ways to support themselves.  The freeloaders (thanks for finally concluding that they are freeloaders) are going to have it tough as not many are going to want to hire people with no skills and scant work experience.

irishbobcat

Now that the 4 neo-cons have had their say....

Tell me boys, where are you going to find jobs for the 42 million freeloaders?????

plus the other 13 million currently unemployed??????

Dan Moadus

Quote from: irishbobcat on February 08, 2011, 09:05:00 PM
when you make all these cuts, what will become of the folks left out?

What is your neo-con plan to help those cut off the rolls?

Fend for themselves? Debtor's prisons?

Again, living in a box? Living homeless next to I-680 ?

Can one put a price tag on man's humanity to man?

Of course Dennis isn't concerned with the price tag on "man's humanity to man". He's using someone else's money

Youngstownshrimp

Sarge has wisdom and you can only get it from experience.  Like him I have seen the writing on the wall sometime ago when I looked at my underware and saw that even it was made in China.  I don't blame the Chinese, they are just doing what we taught them, to be capitalist.  We however have lost our incentive to compete.  When one is broke, the first thing that do is CUT what they cannot afford, we cannot afford to subsidize 42 million freeloaders.  If one is able bodied, we must require them to work, period.

Rick Rowlands

Those folks will have to do what the rest of us do to survive.  Get a job and live within their means. If they won't do that, then let's build a few more bridges.

The minor pain of cutting programs now is nothing compared to the pain that will be caused when this entire house of cards collapses.

sfc_oliver

I've never pretended to have all the answers. But I am smart enough to know that we cannot continue to go deeper in debt. There has to be a time that either we cut ourselves off or our debtors do.

I say the time to cut is now, before it gets any worse. And there are many many areas that can be cut.

irishbobcat

when you make all these cuts, what will become of the folks left out?

What is your neo-con plan to help those cut off the rolls?

Fend for themselves? Debtor's prisons?

Again, living in a box? Living homeless next to I-680 ?

Can one put a price tag on man's humanity to man?

sfc_oliver

Quote from: irishbobcat on February 08, 2011, 08:46:33 PM
Looking at the human consequences conservatives don't want to talk about illustrates they have no plans to relieve the economic pain of Americans caught in the economic and unemployment crises.

Conservatives know their proposed budget cuts have consequences that a majority of Americans know conservative budget cuts have consequences, and a majority of Americans reject those consequences. That's why they don't want to admit that their cuts have consequences. And that's why we must raise the human consequences of conservative budget cuts, every chance we get.

How far into debt do we go Dennis? When will it be too much for you? It was too much for me by 2005. At least that's when I woke up.

irishbobcat

Looking at the human consequences conservatives don't want to talk about illustrates they have no plans to relieve the economic pain of Americans caught in the economic and unemployment crises.

Conservatives know their proposed budget cuts have consequences that a majority of Americans know conservative budget cuts have consequences, and a majority of Americans reject those consequences. That's why they don't want to admit that their cuts have consequences. And that's why we must raise the human consequences of conservative budget cuts, every chance we get.

Youngstownshrimp

One more time folks, go to Mexico, Africa, majority of the world.  The American poor are not poor, they are subsidized!  Again, no poor nation pays for food, housing, heat, clothes, medical, etc.,etc........The entitled think they are hard up, ask a Mexican, he will trade places with our so called poor anyday!  Why do you think they come here, Crazy, the entitled have no clue and merely want the gravy trade to keep rolling.

sfc_oliver

Tell me please, how long are we, as a nation, supposed to continue to borrow?

irishbobcat