News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Lost My Vote

Started by jay, April 21, 2010, 09:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

What if that vehicle just happened to have the right features and styling that this person wanted?  Maybe this care felt more comfortable, or he got a real good deal on it? 

We claim to be a country of freedom, and free choice, but heaven forbid that someone violate the "American made only" groupthink and actually exercise that freedom of choice.  Your decision making based upon slogans and what feels good at the moment is just as bad as some politician voting for or against a bill not based upon whats in the bill, but by politics and perception.  We must fight these urges and actually turn on our brains to think about candidates, their positions, platforms and past track record, and not on flowery speeches, sharp clothes or being seen driving an American made car. 

ytowner

Quote from: jay on April 22, 2010, 05:52:17 AM
If a politician claims to want jobs for American workers, he/she should support American businesses and American workers.
(I actually would like to see the candidate driving a Lordstown built Chevy Cobalt)

I also wouldn't want a politician to have a hand in running public finances if he/she has filed a personal bankruptcy.
I drive a Honda built right here in Ohio. I support thousands of Ohioan workers by driving what Consumer Reports finds are some of the most quality vehicles on the road. If I were to purchase from an "American" Car-Maker, it would be Ford because they opted to not have the Government bail them out. I do like a lot of their cars, especially the Focus. However, until I have problems with my Accord, I have no intentions of driving anything else.

Jay, that is a sad reason to vote or not vote for a person, like Rick said.

Why?Town

Is it a loaner because the Cobalt is in the shop? Is it a rental? Is it borrowed from a neighbor?

Is it maybe the "fun" car while the rest of the stable consists of a Buick Lucerne for grandma, a Ford Flex as the family hauler, a Cobalt for the teenage daughter and a Dodge Ram pickup for Home/Depot runs?

jay

If a politician claims to want jobs for American workers, he/she should support American businesses and American workers.
(I actually would like to see the candidate driving a Lordstown built Chevy Cobalt)

I also wouldn't want a politician to have a hand in running public finances if he/she has filed a personal bankruptcy.

Rick Rowlands

What a really, really stupid reason to vote or not vote for a candidate.

Why?Town

Seems like a feel good move.

Are you really deciding not to vote for someone BEFORE hearing their position on the issues?

Quote from: mitusbishi website
In 2005, nearly two-thirds of the Mitsubishi vehicles sold in the U.S. were built at our Illinois manufacturing facility.

In terms of direct employment, MMNA Sales, Credit and Research & Development employ over 800 employees across the United States and nearly 2,000 MMNA Manufacturing Division personnel in Central Illinois. The more than 500 authorized and independent Mitsubishi Dealers employ over 15,000 personnel in the areas of retail sales, parts and service.

Couple this with the over 300 companies that MMNA does over 200 million dollars in business and the nearly 1 billion dollars our U.S. manufacturing facility spends with its U.S. suppliers and one can begin to envision the contribution that MMNA makes to the U.S. economy. From vehicle transport truckers, to interior component manufacturing staff and advertising executives, MMNA touches numerous Americans in many U.S. industries.

joly1584

You can't always go by manufacturer name.  Some Mitsubishi models are made in the USA. 

My husband and I have always owned Ford vehicles for the past 30 years.  The Taurus that I currently drive is the only one that was "MADE IN THE USA".

Towntalk

It would be helpful if we knew who the candidate is so that we could show our opposition to him along with you.

There's no reason why his name should not be made public.

jay

At a recent candidates' forum, one of the candidates arrived in a mitsubishi vehicle.  The person lost my vote already.
:P