News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Mr. Wilson Turns Green?

Started by irishbobcat, August 05, 2008, 12:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

OUR CAMPAIGN IS TURNING CONSERVATION CHARLIE WILSON GREEN-DENNIS SPISAK

Is Conservative Blue Dog Democrat Charlie Wilson Turning Green?

August 5, 2008

Write-in Green Party Candidate Dennis Spisak, running for 6th District Congressional Seat, issued a press release against incumbent Democrat Charlie Wilson today asking the question is Mr. Wilson flip-flopping and running as a progressive Green Liberal this November.

" Mr. Wilson has always listed on his former campaign site that he was a member of the "Blue-Dog Coalition", The 47 conservative and moderate Democrats in the group was formed to bring about fundamental reforms, and helped set into law policies reflecting the "common sense, conservative compassion" so often attached to the group's efforts. In the current Congress, the group also expects to be involved in a variety of issues, where the stale extreme left vs. right approach requires a breath of fresh air." said Spisak.

Spisak added, "now go to Mr. Wilson's current campaign site http://www.charliewilson.com/ , and Mr. Wilson now avoids mentioning he is a proud member of the Blue-Dog- Coalition but is now a "Progressive Liberal who believes in Green Jobs."

Here is what Mr. Wilson has written on his home page:
"Here in the 6th District, our reinvention begins with jobs – jobs that pay a living wage. I believe government can be a partner in helping existing businesses grow, as well as attracting new ventures to the Valley.
     I believe in the creation of "Green" jobs, as we seek to establish an alternative energy corridor up and down the Ohio River. In my first term, I championed the construction of the nation's premier coal-to-liquid facility, which will create thousands of new jobs and help ease America's dependence on foreign oil.
     The reinvention of America - our energy needs, our health care system, the care of our veterans and our role in the world – will not happen overnight, and that is why I am running for re-election. We have much work to do, and I remain committed to ensuring that your voice is heard in these challenging times."
Will the real Charlie Wilson please stand up? Are you a Conservative Democrat or a Liberal Green Democrat?
In 2006, Mr. Wilson campaigned on the following campaign themes:
In Congress, Charlie will:
·   Fight efforts to privatize Social Security or gamble the benefits of seniors in the stock market
·   Help create good paying jobs with quality benefits and oppose bad trade deals that send American jobs overseas
·   Stand up for patients and against HMOs and insurance companies to improve the health care system in our country

As the Write-in Green Party Candidate for Congress, I have been calling for Renewable Green Energy/Blue Collar jobs since I began my campaign. (See my campaign web site at http://votespisak.org/electspisak.tripod.com
"What Mr. Wilson know needs to explain to voters in the 6th District, is if he believes in Green Jobs why did Mr. Wilson take over $450,000 from lobbyists and PACS that support oil, electricity, natural gas, and coal over the past two years""", said Spisak.

For more information, contact Dennis Spisak for Congress
(330-755-0729
(330) 503-1407
Molly Spisak, Treasurer