News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Growing up to be President?

Started by irishbobcat, January 28, 2008, 08:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldmill

Dennis, Never a truer statement said.Thats why I am voting Ron Paul. I have realized this for years , If you are not wealthy, you have no chance of holding any political  office other than something in your own town and then the poor man has absolutely very minimal chance at all. Things are very different now America is not the America I once knew , It has progressed to a very corrupt nation. I once wondered why we are hated around the globe because we help other nations when they are in need . If you look at the whole picture, I don't wonder anymore. I am so happy that at most I have a few years remaining in my lifetime, I am tired of this struggle, the corruption and hate...etc...

irishbobcat

This past Sunday before church I was talking to my 9-year old sons who has autism. he was reading a book on the Presidents of the United States. He said they were studying George Washington in school.

Immediately I told him what our parents and school teachers told us years ago..." Anyone in America can grow up to be President someday."

Then I stopped and thought to myself, how untrue that statement really is. Unless you are willing to play by the rules of political bosses, take money from lobbyists and special interest PACS, then you can MAYBE someday be President of the United States.

As I continue my camapign to collect 321 sigantures to run as an independent for State Representative while Bob Hagan only had to collect 50, I realize how far democracy and the idea of every free independent man having a chance to lead our country has crumbled here in the 21st century.

The poor, the working class, even the middle class have been forgotten and replace by corporate America.

If you believe we need a chance to reinvent democracy in the 60th district, have a fall debate and election for the position of State Representative, please help us in our final push now through march 3rd to get on the ballot for November 4th, 2008.

Any and all help in gathering sigantures will be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Dennis Spisak

State Rep Candidate-60th district

e-mail: spikespisak@aol.com