News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Dump the U.S.A.

Started by Towntalk, November 13, 2012, 11:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

7422 people have supposedly signed this petition. I wonder how many of those are the same person?

We settled this question in 1865.........
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

I haven't listened to Limburg for several years but here's an interesting article.

Secession petitions grow, but without legal weight

http://www.news-leader.com/viewart/20121114/NEWS07/311140086/Secession-petitions-grow-but-without-legal-weight

irishbobcat

Question, states can't stay fiscally stable with federal aid, now they think they would be better off without it?.....interesting premise....

There have been various "secession" ideas since the end of the civil war.....get your 15 minutes of fame and move on....

northside lurker

Why wouldn't the White House respond?  From the article:
QuoteThe White House's We the People website explains that once a petition reaches 25,000 signatures, it will be placed on a queue for response from the
administration.
A few states have reached that goal.

As to who started it, well, I don't listen to talk radio, but I wouldn't be surprised if the idea wasn't planted by someone like Rush.

I still maintain that there is little substance to this movement, and it's just a novelty to the news outlets that are reporting on it.

I would like to point out that, although I don't give much credence to this, I am in no way trying to convince others not to participate/sign, if they feel that strongly about it.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

westsider, fundamental first grade logic would suggest that the folks that signed onto the petitions are indeed most likely not democrats, but the fly in the ointment of your logic is the fact that the White House did indeed post this on their web site and clearly said that they will respond to it in December. Another fly in the ointment is the fact that so far, the tea party has not commented on the petition drive, and Republican governors are distancing themselves from it, so who in your infinate wisdom started the drive, and how did it spread to so many states so quickly? We know where it started ... ie. Texas, but who is the individual in Texas started it?

irishbobcat

Yup, Ohio as a separate nation will work......

Don't conservatives know of any conservative countries around the world they can relocate to?

northside lurker

Who is the "we" signing these petitions?  How many from Ohio have signed?  Even if 25,000 people sign, I don't want our fate as a state determined by 0.22% of the population.

Basically, I think these petitions are just conservatives throwing a tantrum because their candidate didn't win the presidency.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

We petition the Obama administration to:

Allow for the peaceful withdrawal of Ohio from the United States of America such that it becomes its own free nation. Ohio became the 17th state admitted to the Union in 1803 and it presently has a population and economy larger than that of Switzerland.
John F Kennedy once stated "those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable" and in that spirit it is just and proper that the opportunity for peaceful political change be given to the citizens of the states.
It would be a crime against the people of any state to hold them, against their will, in a Union that they desire to leave.
Ohio can stand on its own as a free and independent nation, separate from the United States of America, while remaining on friendly terms with the United States of America.
Ohio's right to leave the Union should be recognized and it should be allowed to peacefully withdraw from the USA.

Towntalk

As you will recall, in a previous post mention was made of a comment that Jim Traficant made concerning the future of the United States, so this revelation of a possibility of some seceding from the union the fact that the White House has taken it serious enough to have it on the White House blog leads to this question: Was Mr. Traficant aware of the secession movement?

Mr. Traficant is no fool, and without question he still has sources in Washington, so this revelation can't be a fluke.

Towntalk

Now many states want to secede from U.S. Movement started day after election spreading like wildfire

Joining Louisiana now are Alaska, Utah, Wyoming, California, Delaware, Nevada, Kansas, Ohio, South Dakota, West Virginia, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Oklahoma, Arkansas, South Carolina, Georgia, Missouri, Tennessee, Michigan, New York, Colorado, Oregon, New Jersey, North Dakota, Montana, Indiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, Florida, North Carolina, Alabama and Texas.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/now-many-states-want-to-secede-from-u-s/