News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

When Is It Time To Retire An Office Holder?

Started by jay, October 09, 2012, 06:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: jay on October 11, 2012, 05:09:52 AM
If a person is eligible for the maximum pension, why not step aside and let a younger person have the job?
inds retire then rehire for the same position on the pretense it saves money but it forces the younger generation to seek employment elsewhere thus creating a drain of new vacuum of yg gen of buying homes and raising families in their hometown.

Towntalk

Isn't that what Wellington is going to do?

I basically agree that once a person reaches a certain age he/she should take retirement, but you can't force it on them. Certain jobs do have mandatory retirement such as the fire and police, but if you're referring to an elected official other than a judge, the only mandatory age is the day the grim reaper pays a visit. Judges have a mandatory retirement age.

jay

If a person is eligible for the maximum pension, why not step aside and let a younger person have the job?

Rushblvd

[font=]Yeah, we got a little convoy,
Ain't she a beautiful sight?
Come on and join our convoy
Ain't nothin' gonna get in our way[/font]

iwasthere

hey good buddy you have me on the 10/4 with no flip flops.

iwasthere

hey good buddy you have me on the 10/4 with no flip flops.

Towntalk

BREAKER ... BREAKER GOOD BUDDY GOT YOUR EARS ON?

If 2 4 year terms are good enough for the President, then they should be good enough for all elected officials.

Do I have a 10-4 there good buddy?

73's and I'll catch you on the flip flop.

iwasthere

time to have nonpartisan election on local, st and fed levels.

jay

When I recently attended a candidates' forum, I was surprised to learn that one candidate for county office has altready been a public employee for over 35 years.  The person is seeking another four year term.

As a voter, are you less likely to vote for a candidate who has been in government employment for so long?