News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Move Time Devices Ahead Tonight - Saturday To Sunday - March 12-13

Started by jay, March 12, 2022, 06:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

When the time changes twice each year, I have to change three older clocks in my house.  I also have an older digital timepiece that does not reset automatically. 

Oh, I can't figure out how to reset the digital display on my car's dashboard.  A manual did not come with this used car.

Why?Town

From now on I'm not going to use the word "clock" ever again when referring to what lets people see what time it is. From here on out I will only refer to those as Time Devices.

The wife might not appreciate it when my cell phone rings and I tell her to answer my Time Device but I check the time on that more often than actually talking or texting.

FWIW, I'll still be using o'clock as a word because saying something like "twelve o'time device noon" sounds too weird.

I'll also keep using o'clock as a clock position time device position or clock bearing time position bearing but I do wonder if the youngsters today would know to duck for cover when they hear "Heavy fire! 4 o'clock! or if they might just plan on calling 911 around 3:45 so the fire dept will get there to put it out.

English, it's amazing there's any actual communication.

jay

Don't forget to move your older clocks ahead by one hour tonight.