News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The End of Residency Requirements

Started by jay, January 18, 2006, 07:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary Krupa

I am for the residency requirement at this point in time when Youngstown doesn't need any more flight. I particularly am incensed that the Financial Director, one of the main administrators of the city, is not required to live in town. And particularly since Jay Williams emphasized this requirement so much.

I support Jay Williams' and the mayor of Warren's unifying to protest this new law.

I get the feeling that the people who want to be able to live out of the city don't truly support the city. They are just milking it for a paycheck. Otherwise, they would stay here and try to make it better. If all the people who went out to the 'burbs had stayed in the city, it would not be what it is today and we wouldn't have the rape of our environment that we have in the suburban areas. This is wishful thinking. People usually take the easiest out.

I lived in Norfolk, Virginia and also Denver, Colorado. Residency requirements were a big issue there, too. It's not unique to Youngstown.

jay

The Ohio Legislature voted today to end the residency rules for policemen, firemen and most other local government employees.

What impact will this have on the City of Youngstown if their employees are no longer required to live within the city?