News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Mill Creek Sewer Overflow"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, July 14, 2015, 07:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Update:

Was at the Friends restaurant at Mill creek with wife for lunch and was speaking to the owner, not that their views are the same as mind, but discussion is good.  we talked about the sewer and financial problems of Mill Creek and she seemed to be very interested in my theory that the minerals under Mill Creek can bring $millions to the community.  Now fast forward this post today, Marathon Petroleum, the largest corporation in Ohio just bought Markwest one of the largest pipeline companies in the utica, for .........$10 Billion three weeks ago, the largest investment to date in our region, global investment.

Markwest can lay pipe and fix the sewer problem in Mill Creek in their sleep!  and I showed you the money fools!!! 

Youngstownshrimp

City of Youngstown!  Mill Creek Park!  The 800 pound gorilla is sitting right on your heads.  Bring in the Frackers, just like Oglebay, just like the Muskigum water reservoir, suck it up, Beirsdorfer and their Ilk are dead! The Frackers will drill from the old Clinton well Pads surrounding Mill Creek in the Southside and horizontally tap the peoples minerals.  New roads and pipelines will be built and paid for by Energy companies! Our Crap problem will vanish!  Down with "Stupid Leadership!!!"   

Towntalk

If we keep having the sort of weather that we've been having this month --- high temps and sunshine --- Ol' Mother Nature could very well solve the problem. Oh wait a minute, the anti-frackers are dancing for joy over the problem at Mill Creek Park ... it fits right into their agenda ... and if this statement offends anyone, so be it.

AllanY2525

Didn't previous news stories state that there were other sources contributing
to the e-coli in the park waterways besides the city sewer system, ie: sources
from outside the city that are upstream from the park(?)

What I've been wondering about is whether or not there is anything that can
be done to treat the water IN the lakes to lower the bacteria levels without
hurting the fish and other animals in the lakes.

Boiling and chlorination are two ways to kill e-coli, but boiled water would have
to be cooled before dumping it back into the lakes and chlorine concentrations
large enough to kill the little bas##rds would likely kill the fish, too.

Filtration would probably be the best method - a small enough filter would not
allow bacteria to pass through it, but how practical this approach would be, I
have not a clue.

Ideas, anyone?

jay

I heard this on the TV news this morning.

The most recent tests for e coli at Lake Newport show an increase over previous tests.  We did not have a significant rain event that would have caused the combined sewers to spill into the park.  I suspect that the park's e coli pollution problem is not always caused by Youngstown's combined sewer outflows.

Youngstownshrimp

Mill Creeks Utica value will pay for the sewer problem without public money......but no one wants to rusk their bureaucracy on this solution.

AllanY2525

I think I may have suggested EPA funds and the Army Corps of Engineers before they did ....

or was I just having a middle-aged moment...

:-X

Youngstownshrimp

His op/ed is the first solid plan, I heard ever since the crap hit the fan!

Franco's solution was amateurish.   On this blog, the usuals, bored me to death with repetitions of the problem.

Peggy Gurney

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Youse is blastin' my friend Bert. Dat ain't good.

Peggy Gurney

He can be useful once in a while.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Youngstownshrimp

Looks like desouza is zeroing on solutions rather than regurgitating what we already know.

Youngstownshrimp

Solution: aggressively request Hilcorp harvest Utica minerals underneath park, use funds to beg Mark West to lay pipe for new system.
While we are too dumb  to know we don't know, Billions of dollars worth of pipelines are laid daily under our feet by the oil companies.