News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Fuel of the future, Utica CNG"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, February 01, 2013, 07:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

I continue to wake up every morning, thanking God that Youngstown has a second chance at being an industrial giant again....................globally.

irishbobcat

TT, that's great....can't wait to run into J.R. or Cliff Barnes in front of the V2....

Towntalk

Youngstownshrimp

NG down at $3 while the spot market in Asia and the rest of the world is $17, Mahoning Valley is RICH  and awash in this clean energy.  With the new pipelines activated and the LNG port in Maryland now approved, Mahoning county -Utica- shale -wet -gas is now going to be exported to so we can take most of our dollars back from afar.  Funny I was interviewed by NATGEO on this same subject a year ago.

irishbobcat

And we'll sell all the CNG to countries overseas! Bully!

Towntalk

Any idea when actual production will begin and show results? I know that the New Castle School of Trades is advertizing classes in skills that will be needed. Do we have a local trade school locally that would offer the same?

Youngstownshrimp

CNG, 50% cleaner, cheaper and longer engine life.  Not to mention it is American and right here underneath us all........and tons of it.
CNG fueling stations are in Akron, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Canton.  None of these areas are in the Utica wet gas zone, but no filling stations exist in the Utica wet gas zone.  This maybe because Youngstown has slid backwards for several decades and the brains drained from here. Alas! on GoMarcellusshale.com  the hot topic there is CNG vehicles are the future for us here in the Utica.  Where will the first station be and most likely it would be grassroots.  Whatever the location, it is the next frontier and coming like a freight train.