News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Winter Weather Advisory for Monday Morning

Started by irishbobcat, January 27, 2013, 11:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

i woke up this morning saw the snow, ice and slush turned my ph off went back to bed until ten am. retirement has it upsides, this is one of them.

irishbobcat

Just a couple of intersections were tricky this morning...schools that did a 2-hour delay this AM made a good call.....

58 degrees tommorow.....53 degrees on Wednesday...who will see the first tulip bud?

Towntalk

As of 8:45 AM EST

Temp: 36 degrees
Wind Chill: 29 degrees
Wind:  S 9 mph
Humidity: 93%

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY EXPIRES AT 10:00 AM.

jay

Many schools in this area of Ohio and western PA have a 2 hour delay today.

irishbobcat

No ice this morning on the main roads I guess...just wet...although my car is covered in ice....will have to take a few extra minutes with the ice scrapper....
that is all...carry on as normal....

jay

The salt truck was on my street prior to 5:30 a.m.   No school closings have been listed on the TV news so far for Youngstown.

Towntalk

At 1:15 AM EST the city started laying down salt on our street which is a bus route ... a main route for YFD ... and ambulances going to and from the two hospitals.

Towntalk

:) I'm sure glad that I don't have to set foot outside my door ... and will be curled up as snug as the proverbial bug in the rug with mugs of hot chocolate and dining on hot homemade soup thinking about the pitiful folks who will have to be outdoors, and certainly hoping that they stay safe. Snow is one thing, but if the weather reports are right and there is ice, driving will not be a pleasent task.

Drive safely everyone, and keep us posted on conditions in your area.

I'm sure that during the early hours that there will be ambulances going up and down my street carrying accident victime to one of the hospitals ... PLEASE don't be one of them.

irishbobcat

How true.....I have this picture in my mind of what traffic may look like tomorrow morning heading up Mahoning Ave. from downtown if we get the freezing rain.....not pretty.....

jay

Maybe the city should hire the Mill Creek Park road maintenance supervisor and then we wouldn't have to worry about driving the city's streets on Monday.

;D

irishbobcat

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 10 AM EST  MONDAY...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CLEVELAND HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 10 AM EST MONDAY.                                                                                                                                                         
* ACCUMULATIONS... .BETWEEN A TENTH AND TWO TENTHS OF AN INCH OF  ICE AND SLEET
* TIMING... PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO MOVE INTO THE AREA SHORTLY AFTER MIDNIGHT TONIGHT ALONG THE I-77 CORRIDOR... AND AROUND Or  JUST AFTER 4AM IN NORTHWEST PENNSYLVANIA. TEMPERATURES WILL SLOWLY WARM UP LATE TONIGHT... BUT WILL BE SLOW WITH PLENTY OF SNOW COVER ACROSS THE AREA AND TERRAIN WHERE COLDER AIR MAY BE SLOW TO WARM. TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TO WARM ABOVE FREEZING BY MID MORNING CHANGING PRECIPITATION OVER TO RAIN.                                                                                                                                                         
* WINDS... SOUTH 10 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 MPH.                                                                                                                                                         
* IMPACTS... SOME ICE ACCUMULATION IS EXPECTED ON UNTREATED  SURFACES... TREES AND POWER LINES.                                                                                                                                                         

* TEMPERATURES... IN THE UPPER 20S TO AROUND 30.