News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Zombie Crawl - Downtown Youngstown - Saturday, October 22

Started by jay, October 20, 2011, 09:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Towntalk

Towntalk

2:00 P.M. October 29, 2011 the concert/movie begins with the party afterward.

Call asap for the tickets which are free.

kenneyjoe330

If you please Towntalk - when does this event at Stambaugh take place ?   

northside lurker

Was that a problem last year?

I'm not a very social person, so I usually don't attend these kinds of things.  But, everyone I've talked to (some of whom didn't consume any alcohol) said the event was great fun and a great success last year.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

:) Couldn't agree with you more about the zombies.  :)

Just picture this, a pie-eyed drunk stumbling along West Federal Street in a Zombi costume while his pal, equally pie-eyed drunk grabs hold of the nearest lamp post to keep from falling down flat on his kisser, while across the street a couple of zombiesses equally pie-eyed drunk wobble down the street trying to sing at the top of their lungs.  :laugh:

Hope that YPD has plenty of cots available for them to sober up while in the cooler.  :laugh:

northside lurker

I'd be more concerned with exposing children to "zombies" than alcohol.  From pictures I've seen, some of the costumes can be quite graphic.  And, as you have pointed out, Towntalk, there are other events that are children oriented. (in addition to the upcoming Stambaugh concert, the pumpkin walk was last weekend, too)
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

E. M. Skinner Pipe Organ Halloween Concert and Film Featuring Todd Wilson, Organist, and The Hunchback of Notre Dame.  Children's costume party with fun prizes following the movie!

Tickets are now available by calling Stambaugh Auditorium at 330-747-5175.

A gift to the Youngstown community, this concert is being underwritten by the Anne Kilcawley Christman Charitable Trust and V&M Star.  Media sponsor WYSU-88.5FM.

Tickets are FREE, but you must make reservations by calling or sending a self addressed stamped envelope to Stambaugh Auditorium, 1000 Fifth Ave, Youngstown, OH  44504.

Towntalk

It's a sad state of affairs when a holiday that is child oriented can't be celebrated without booze, Back when I was a child, our little town had a community halloween party for the kids, and after the party downtown we would adjurn to the Sons of Italy hall for another party, all booze free.

Now mind you. if an adult wants to get sloshed and falling down drunk, that's their business, but you'd think that some arrangement would be made to have a seperate party for the little ones that didn't expose them to demon rum.

jay

I would have suggested the "Family Friendly" Food Court but it is closed on Saturdays.

To view the zombies, just come down to Central Square or West Federal Street.  The zombies will all pass by this area as they crawl from bar to bar.

northside lurker

I assume there will be no drinking in Oakhill Cemetery. ;)
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

Is there any place that is family friendly that doesn't have booze? Not everyone is a drinker and doesn't want their children exposed to liquor.

jay

A 2:30pm Kick off Registration starts at Anthony's on the River Parking Lot.

There will be walking tours through the Oak Hill Cemetery by the Mahoning Valley Historical Society.

Come to Central Square to see the Thrill the World dancers.

Local Establishments:
The Royal Oaks
The MVR
Inner Circle YSU
Downtown BW3's
Cafe Cimmento
Club Xclusive
Downtown 36
The Lemon Grove
Imbibe
V2
Cedars
Draught House
The Box Car Lounge

Click Below To View The Promotional Video
www.youtube.com/user/DowntownYoungstown?feature=mhee

Towntalk

Sounds like a fun night ... what all will be involved and what downtown businesses are participating?

jay

Zombie Crawl
Downtown Youngstown
Saturday, October 22