News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Butler Tree

Started by ForumManager, March 19, 2009, 11:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

The same crane that took down the tree also took down our Morgan crane last month.  AB Crane & Steel Service is a good local outfit. I'bve used them for years.

Shar

That tree was in front of the Romanian Orthodox Church (I think that is right) next to the Butler.  That tree was damaged two years ago in a storm, almost half of it split down the front.  It was damaged again last summer in another storm.  There was not a lot of the tree left and I'm sure that's why it was taken down.  The church was very proud of that tree and had taken excellent care of it.  I'm sure the pastor was heartbroken about having to take it down. 

ForumManager

Last  weekend I was on Wick and saw a  crane  with a crew trimming a large tree near the Butler... or so I thought.  The tree doesn't exist now.  Was it taken out?  Does anyone know?  I realize older large trees can be a hazard,