News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Embarrassment to the city: Conglose Crisis

Started by ytowner, March 18, 2008, 06:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowner

Is any of this a crime that this man could be charged against.. He lied to this government and used a fake college degree, which if you put him on the lie detector test, will admit he created.

Absolutely embarrassing. I love Jay as a mayor, but this has been one thing from Day 1 I knew he did wrong. I never liked Conglose and his bad attitude on a number of things.

Imagine if Bob Hagan was mayor; even HE wouldn't make a bonus!  ;D ;D ;D

Janko

While Carmen S. Conglose contends he doesn't how a phony college degree ended up in one of his city personnel files, he testified in a sworn court deposition that he earned that exact same degree.

On July 30, 2003, Conglose, then the city's deputy director of public works, was deposed in a lawsuit against the city.

While under oath, Conglose was questioned by the plaintiff's attorney, Richard A. Abrams, about his formal training.

"I have a degree from Youngstown State University, a bachelor of science in applied science," Conglose testified according to court documents obtained today by The Vindicator.

When asked today about his sworn deposition that he had the degree, Conglose declined to comment.

Mayor Jay Williams asked Conglose on Friday about the authenticity of the degree after receiving an anonymous letter questioning its legitimacy.

During that discussion, Conglose resigned as traffic coordinator, a part-time job the ex-public works' deputy director started two weeks ago.

The fake degree led to an internal city investigation, that may also include assistance from the Ohio auditor's office or the state attorney general's office.

The investigation could eventually end up resulting in criminal charges.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2008/mar/18/conglose-testified-in-2003-that-he-had-ysu-degree/?newswatch

jay

What sense does in make for the administration to pay the employee to retire and them hire him back after two months.  Let the younger generation be hired to fill these positions.

ytowner

YOUNGSTOWN —¬†With a phony college degree in his personnel file in the city finance department, Carmen S. Conglose Jr. resigned as traffic coordinator, a part-time position the retired deputy director of public works started just two weeks ago.

It's led to an internal city investigation that could eventually end up resulting in criminal charges.

"I hope the results of the investigation reveal something that gives an explanation," said Mayor Jay Williams, who hired Conglose as traffic coordinator after Conglose served about 10 years running the city's public works department. "This certainly is a disappointing situation all around. This situation, as it seems to be unfolding, is unfortunate and disappointing."

Conglose acknowledges the 1986 bachelor of science in applied science degree from Youngstown State University is bogus. But Conglose is adamant that he didn't give the finance department the fake degree and doesn't know from where it came.

"This is a blatant attempt to discredit me and run me out of city hall," he said. "...I expect to clear my name."

Conglose said it's "become very evident to me there are a bunch of people in city hall who don't want me there."
---
This is an absolute embarrassment. I have never been a fan of this man, especially when he pushed for the removal of the medians on W. Federal. He is nothing more than a con-artist that used a fake degree to get him a taxpayers job. Shame on Conglose!