News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

An announcment: I've come home!

Started by AllanY2525, September 03, 2016, 01:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

The roofers came to Illinois Ave today and put up a couple of safety lines.
Basically just doing the first look up on the main roof.  Tear-off should start
in the next couple days.

Working on some topsoil and a little grading work for Elm St. now that
the demo is finished.  I'd like to get grass seed and maybe some straw
down before fall is over.

:)

Nicholas Serra

:D was happy to hear of all this news. Welcome back

northside lurker

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

AllanY2525

Rick,

THANK you - I may just take you up on your offer.  Would like to visit you in the near future,
as it has indeed been a long, long time.  Hope everything has been going well with your
museum.  I'd love to stop by and see how things have progressed.  I want to replace the driveway
at Illinois Ave in due time and I know firsthand that you are EXCELLENT at doing concrete work.

Northside Lurker - understood.  As far as a warm reception vs. a cold one, I couldn't care less.
I got sick and nearly lost my life and it ruined me financially.  I still have some health issues and
have "good days" and "bad days" but the bottom line is that I am still HERE, so life goes on.

My home was the last major asset I had left - I have gone "all in" by selling it and coming
back to Youngstown, for good.   Rob P. and I spoke on the front steps of Mark P's place
last week and we buried the hatchet between he and I.  I'm sure I'll be coming to him for
advice and items for the house on Woodbine.

I've been taking bids for a new roof at Illinois Ave this past week, so that will be happening
soon. The demolition permit got pulled last week by the contractor, which means that the
city knows the problem is being resolved.

I'll mention to the demo contractor that you're wanting some of the stone blocks from the
foundation.  Nick S. wants to get inside and get some of the woodwork, I've already given
him permission to take whatever he wants.  I would like to save some of the wooden doors,
etc before the place comes down.

northside lurker

Welcome back!

I hope you'll understand, if your initial reception, from some in the neighborhood, isn't the warmest.  But, when you start improving your properties again, I'm sure they'll warm up again.

I've heard through the grapevine that you will be demolishing your house on Elm? :(  While I'd still like to see it restored, and occupied with good neighbors, I understand if you feel that it is too far gone, or has an extremely expensive to repair issue.

If you must take it down, can I buy some of the dressed foundation stones?  I'd like to use stone in my landscaping, and it would have extra meaning if they were from the house that was next door.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Rick Rowlands

If you need any help, you know where to find me.  Welcome back.

AllanY2525

Thanks, Jay.  I do want to participate in the Wick Park neighborhood, once I get
up on my feet and take care of some things.

jay

Welcome back Allan.

Please participate in your local north side block watch or neighborhood association.

We need more citizens to become active in our city.

AllanY2525

Hey everyone.... just an announcement.  I've sold my home in Maryland and moved
back to Youngstown!

I have a lot to catch up on and a lot of work to do with my properties, but with the
proceeds from selling the house I'll finally be able to do what I've been wanting to do
for the last several years.   I'm staying in one of my apartments right now, but I'll be
moving into the house on Woodbine as soon as I can get some work done on the
place to make it livable.

It's good to be back.......

:)