News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

North Side Hosptal

Started by jay, March 30, 2006, 06:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikolai

North Side Hospital plans are already complete. It is going to close. Nothing can be done about it. I have been saying this for years. The building will end up becoming Crim Towers. Then you will really see the area turn for the worse. The only people to blame are the past administrations and political hacks who didn't see the signs a long time ago.

If YSU could move to the burbs, they too would leave.

AllanY2525

It's sad to see the problems at what I grew up with as "North Side Hospital".

This comes at a time when the city of Youngstown, the University and the hospitals
should be working together to bring jobs IN to the city. 

I still wish that YSU would buy the old Cafaro hospital building and open a medical
school on campus, complete with a teaching hospital.  Medical school is a BIG TICKET
item and would bring in a LOT of money from all over the country, even international
students.  It could create a lot of good paying jobs, with benefits to match, as well
as bringing technical professionals into the city to live and work.  The Cafaro building
is only a few blocks from the northern campus boundary - a medical school and
teaching hospital would further tie the Wick Park neighborhood to the university
and help to improve the neighborhood.

jay

Forum Health has hinted that they will move some departments from North Side Hospital to suburban locations.  This restructuring will eliminate more jobs in Youngstown and especially on the north side.