News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Next Third Ward Councilman (?)

Started by jay, July 24, 2011, 08:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

you will have the job knowing how well you work with people.

Rushblvd

iwasthere

Quote from: Rushblvd on August 02, 2011, 04:33:17 PM
Hey I lived in the 3rd ward -=--
do you residence in both the 3rd and the 7th.

Rushblvd

iwasthere

rush gal at least you have dirt under your fingernails.

Rushblvd

I will if you give me the benefits

iwasthere

Quote from: stewie on August 01, 2011, 10:16:50 PM
The fact that he goes to council meetings in no WAY qualifies him for the position.
oh really. i bet your qualifications are canditates that run for this office is to attend two council meetings a month before filing date and run like an informed canditate aka brown, kitchen, drennan, tarpley with all the knowledge one possesses through a crash course given to them by their mentor aka MY MAYOR "J". stewie if you attended the financial caucus meetings before the regular council meetings. you would see at first hand how chuck sammorone had to educate these four golden geese that were "MY MAYOR J" prodigees on procedures and how to gather information to make informative descisons before the monthly council meetings in which joe teague has in the past attended before and during the council meetings. just because one speaks well and is easy on the eyes does not mean this person canbe an effective member on any board elected or not.i never seen any of those four individuals involved in the community until they ran for these council seats. joe has been involved in the community alot longer and noticeable in the ytown happenings. joe will not shay away from his responsibilities at anytime of the day, would your canditate respond the same way mr. teague would?

stewie

The fact that he goes to council meetings in no WAY qualifies him for the position. 

Quote from: iwasthere on August 01, 2011, 01:47:37 PM
$28,000 plus benefits. if the council rep has benefits through his/her spouse they can opt out of the city's plan and collect an additional $150.00 a month while the new fire fighters make $24,500 per year while putting their lives on the line. where is the justification on the pay between these two city positions? pat is a nice guy but he will not do the 3rd ward justice if he holds both jobs at the sametime while representing ryan's district and the 3rd ward. will pat go to residence's home at 3 am in the morning to squash a neighborhood fight with the police while being an employee of tim ryan's office ytown staff? joe teague is the only one of the many canditates has attended council meetings on a regular basis. the other ones i never seen at the council meetings.

Shar

Apparently Joe Teague moved to the north side because his home on Evergreen that he has owned for the last 40 years is condemned.  If you can't even maintain your own home and have contributed to the blight of this city I don't think you should be a councilman. 

Rushblvd

I am moving to the 3rd ward--I need benefits

iwasthere

Quote from: Penguins37 on July 31, 2011, 02:45:10 PM
$37,000 per year plus full medical benefits.  Not bad for a part-time job.  Especially considering the recent Vindy article that said Girard Councilman only earn $4,000 per year.
$28,000 plus benefits. if the council rep has benefits through his/her spouse they can opt out of the city's plan and collect an additional $150.00 a month while the new fire fighters make $24,500 per year while putting their lives on the line. where is the justification on the pay between these two city positions? pat is a nice guy but he will not do the 3rd ward justice if he holds both jobs at the sametime while representing ryan's district and the 3rd ward. will pat go to residence's home at 3 am in the morning to squash a neighborhood fight with the police while being an employee of tim ryan's office ytown staff? joe teague is the only one of the many canditates has attended council meetings on a regular basis. the other ones i never seen at the council meetings.

Penguins37

$37,000 per year plus full medical benefits.  Not bad for a part-time job.  Especially considering the recent Vindy article that said Girard Councilman only earn $4,000 per year.

Shar

How much does a city councilman get paid?

Towntalk

Actually I tend to agree with you Shar.

Shar

I would also choose Pat. I know him and also serve on a board with him. He and his wife have lived on the north side for many years. I find him to be a hard working man who will get things done.