News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Pothole Victim

Started by jay, March 18, 2011, 07:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

It didn't.  Decades of deferred maintenance cannot be fixed with a one time influx of money, especially when only a small percentage of the stimulus went to infrastructure.

iwasthere

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on March 19, 2011, 08:40:15 PM
Yeah yeah yeah.  Try dodging potholes at night on roads with no streetlights.
the stimulus monies should have helped that situation.

Youngstownshrimp

My wife aims for potholes, I do not know why?

Rick Rowlands

I know Allan. 

I heard that a car got one of its tires stuck in a pothole.  The hole was deep enough to take the tire down to the frame, and just narrow enough for the tire to get wedged in.   

There is a drainage problem directly in front of my house and water under the pavement froze resulting in several holes.  All of that pulverized blacktop ended up in my front yard and I spent half a day yesterday raking up six wheelbarrow loads of stone off the grass. 

AllanY2525

I was only being silly....

Rick Rowlands

Yeah yeah yeah.  Try dodging potholes at night on roads with no streetlights.

AllanY2525

I had a similar experience, except that I was paying attention to the road,
slowed down my car, and drove over the pothole without further incident...

LOL

:)

Rick Rowlands

The pothole bent the rim and blew the tire.  My wife's car did that three winters ago on Henrick's Road.   But since that rim was steel when I got back home I heated up the bent portion and pounded it back into place. 

iwasthere

the car was a foriegn car that had a bent tire rim. maybe if the owner bought an american made car he/she would never had a bent tire rim. ;D

northside lurker

You might have heard at the GDNA meeting, one of my neighbors said he broke an axle on S. Lakeview. (not this year, although it's pretty bad this year, too.)
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

Here is another victim of a Youngstown pothole.
I can only guess how much it is going to cost to repair this car.