News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Two North Side Streets Renamed

Started by jay, December 07, 2011, 08:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

i could live in ytown for the next fifty yrs and i still would know ytown.

kenneyjoe330

OK Jay if we go with your name it would HAVE to be CCA Drive & Drive & Drive (may be CCA Trail  ??? ) or even CCA Teritory (no pass ports required  ::) )------ and the beauty of it all  :laugh:

Ass for you Mr. I. W. Dare Druppy Pants Drive is Hillman ! ! ! Cheees OH Pete's I thought you knew Yotown  :P :-*

iwasthere

south ave can be renamed druppy pants dr.

jay

QuoteOh my Goodness BEFORE you go ANY further you MUST RENAME MARKET STREET TO CCA STREET Daaaaaa

In keeping with the original post, why not rename Market Street CCD Drive?

kenneyjoe330

Oh my Goodness BEFORE you go ANY further you MUST RENAME MARKET STREET TO CCA STREET Daaaaaa  :laugh:

iwasthere

the first niters blvd
the wandering diners prkwy
cc sts
st pat's spaghetti dinner workers ave
lion clubs fish dinners team alleyway

Rushblvd

Rodef Sholom Parkway
New Bethel Beltway
St. Columba Causeway
St. Dominics Dr.

jay

Will other congregations want streets renamed for their churches?

Examples
Union Baptist Boulevard
St. Patricks Parkway
Zion Lutheran Lane

Towntalk

Two new recently installed street signs in Youngstown were blessed on Sunday during a special ceremony.

One of the streets, Holy Trinity Lane used to be the first block of Foster street in the Arlington Park neighborhood on the city's North Side. About a block away, the second new street, St. Peter and Paul Lane was originally the first block of Lincoln Street.

The ceremony took place during the Arlington Heights Festival. Organizers said their goal was to make sure Arlington Heights remains a great neighborhood to live in.

"These are remembrances of the immigrants who settled in this area and the rich cultural diversity of Arlington Heights. There's a lot of beautiful stories here," said Father Joseph Rudjak, with Holy Apostles Parish.

It took about 6 months to get the street names changed and it was all made possible by the Youngstown City Council.
Two new recently installed street signs in Youngstown were blessed on Sunday during a special ceremony.

One of the streets, Holy Trinity Lane used to be the first block of Foster street in the Arlington Park neighborhood on the city's North Side. About a block away, the second new street, St. Peter and Paul Lane was originally the first block of Lincoln Street.

The ceremony took place during the Arlington Heights Festival. Organizers said their goal was to make sure Arlington Heights remains a great neighborhood to live in.

"These are remembrances of the immigrants who settled in this area and the rich cultural diversity of Arlington Heights. There's a lot of beautiful stories here," said Father Joseph Rudjak, with Holy Apostles Parish.

It took about 6 months to get the street names changed and it was all made possible by the Youngstown City Council.

jay

Did you watch the TV news today?
The two new street names were announced.

jay

The legislation to rename the streets was up for a vote before Youngstown City Council on Wednesday, December 7, 2011.  I'm not sure if it passed at that time or was sent to committee.  In any event, what are the proposed new names?

AllanY2525

Do you mean that the streets used to be named something else before they were foster and lincoln,
or that the have since been renamed to something else besides lincoln and foster?

:)

Rick Rowlands

jay

Two north side streets have been renamed.

1.  Renamed was the portion of Foster Street between West Rayen Avenue and Lincoln Avenue.

2.  renamed was the portion of Lincoln Avenue between Covington Street and Foster Street.
What are the new names?

1.  ?

2.  ?