News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Close Call Lightning Strike

Started by jay, September 10, 2011, 07:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

:o ;D :-Xthose are my expressions that was my face when i read your post. ss residents do shoot back not necessary hitting thier targets but aleast they try to prove thier point. :o :) long live all the georges in the world. ;D

Rushblvd

iwasthere--just read your post---Yep I was scared--at least on the SS I can shoot back--cant do that with lightening....If I was on the titanic I would have made it off--my motto--everyone for themselves--none of this women and children 1st stuff--I would have George Canstanza'd everyone

iwasthere

rushgal was scared. :'( what a big baby. :o you live on the southside where its ok corral and a little electricity puts you in a tether. ;D i wonder what you would have done if you were on the titanic? ::)i bet you would run like a little girl :D

Rushblvd

It was very scary--we stayed under the tent with the metal pools--that was smart.. 8)

Towntalk

Believe it or not, but that tree can be saved.

When I was a child back home one night during a storm, lightning hit a tree on Cemetery Hill, bounced and struck a barn setting it on fire. When I was back home a couple of years ago to visit the family grave site, I saw the tree was still there. How do I know that it was the same tree? The caretaker of the cemetery pointed it out to us, and related the incident as his Grandfather was the cemetery caretaker when the tree was struck, and I related to him that at the time my Father was a member of the Volunteer Fire Department that fought the barn fire.

irishbobcat

Better not let Shrimp see this photo, he'll want to come cut the tree down illegally!

jay

During the Grey To Green Festival today, visitors to Wick Park saw a flash of light and heard a simultaneous thunder clap.  It was a very close lightning strike.  As a matter of fact, the lightning hit a tall oak tree about 30 yards away from a display tent.  Luckily, no one was injured.

The lightning hit a branch at the top of the tree and then traveled down the trunk to the ground.  Splinters of wood flew everywhere. 

This is a photo of the tree.  Notice the pieces of wood on the grass.